Stolen Litespeed, southwest VA (Blacksburg)

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace archive' started by Matt O'Toole, May 9, 2004.

  1. Matt O'Toole

    Matt O'Toole Guest

    From my neighbor Ina Hoeschele:

    "Friday night (May 7) vandals broke into the offices of
    Olver Inc. on South Main Street in Blacksburg (near
    Vincent's restaurant) and stole Shawn Veltman's road bike.
    It is a Litespeed Ultimate with a brushed titanium frame, a
    look carbonfiber fork, Rolf Pro wheels and Dura Ace
    components. If you see this bike, please contact Shawn at
    540-763-2920 ([email protected]) or detective Evans at the
    Blacksburg police department (540-552-2224)"

    I hope to appeal to all the bike traders and potential
    buyers out there to be on the lookout for this bike. It may
    very well turn up on a newsgroup, website classifieds, or
    especially on eBay. I should have the serial # to post in a
    day or two.

    Bike theft (or any kind of theft) is very uncommon in this
    area. So are break-ins. Obviously the thief knew what they
    were going for with this one.

    Thanks,

    Matt O.

    Tags:

  2. Ted Miller

    Ted Miller Guest

    Please provide a size, year and serial # if available.
    It will make it much more "visible" should it show up
    here for sale.

    > From my neighbor Ina Hoeschele:
    >
    > "Friday night (May 7) vandals broke into the offices of
    > Olver Inc. on South Main Street in Blacksburg (near
    > Vincent's restaurant) and stole Shawn Veltman's road bike.
    > It is a Litespeed Ultimate with a brushed titanium frame,
    > a look carbonfiber fork, Rolf Pro wheels and Dura Ace
    > components. If you see this bike, please contact Shawn at
    > 540-763-2920 ([email protected]) or detective Evans at the
    > Blacksburg police department (540-552-2224)"
    >
    > I hope to appeal to all the bike traders and potential
    > buyers out there to
    be on
    > the lookout for this bike. It may very well turn up on a
    > newsgroup,
    website
    > classifieds, or especially on eBay. I should have the
    > serial # to post in
    a day
    > or two.
    >
    > Bike theft (or any kind of theft) is very uncommon in this
    > area. So are break-ins. Obviously the thief knew what they
    > were going for with this
    one.