Stolen Mountain Bike

"Firewalker" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Firewalker wrote:
>>> "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> That sort of attitude is why insurance rates are so high. Padding
>>> claims shows lack of character.

>> Who said anything about padding. Both Kryptonite and Homeowners have a
>> deductible. I think it is quite fair to recover the deductible at least.
>> Just because you bought a Kryptonite lock should not preclude you from
>> recovering what is covered under your homeowners insurance.
>>

> To "get a little extra" is padding. If it's insured, you pay the
> deductible. Why do you think their usually so high?

Make that "they're". Just woke up, caffeine low, dog ate my homework, et
cetera.

Firewalker wrote:
> "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Firewalker wrote:
>>
>>>"Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>That sort of attitude is why insurance rates are so high. Padding claims
>>>shows lack of character.

>>Who said anything about padding. Both Kryptonite and Homeowners have a
>>deductible. I think it is quite fair to recover the deductible at least.
>>Just because you bought a Kryptonite lock should not preclude you from
>>recovering what is covered under your homeowners insurance.
>>

> To "get a little extra" is padding. If it's insured, you pay the
> deductible. Why do you think their usually so high?

I don't think this is the case. If you take two life insurance policies
out on an individual, you collect on both in death. My homeowners
policy does not prevent me from filing a claim with another insurance
carrier if I have one. It does prevent me from finding a vendor who'll
tack on an extra charge to cover the deductable. That's padding.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

MDS wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Someone broke into my garage last night and hacked through a

Krypotonite
> lock to take my bike.

Crack addicts are kinda funny that way.

> It's a Yellow 18" frame Men's Motiv Vortex. Bright yellow with balck

and red
> trim. Black rims. It occured in Aliso Viejo, CA. If anyone see's one

in the
> area that they hav enot seen before could you drop me a line, not the

> biggest loss in the world but it was few hundred dollars and quite

frankly,
> perfect for my level of expertise.

Can you say dime a dozen? I bet there are at least 5,000 day workers
in SoCal riding that very same bike.

> I know the odds are horrible of anyone finding it and actually

getting back
> to me but you never know. The good news is once I let enough time go

by to
> accept the loss I'll buy myself a better bike and just keep it in the

house.

Like Pete indicated, try a bike shop this time. Even a $200 used bike
in a bike shop would be 100% more bike than the bicycle shaped toy
taken from your garage.

JD

"Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote

> But it doesn't hurt to get a little extra. It should be covered under
> homeowners as well.

This is a Costco Motiv. Maybe $250 retail.

Pete

"Pete" <[email protected]> wrote

> Probably worth getting the ins company involved.

Ahem...
"Probably NOT worth getting the ins company involved."

Pete

Whatever. There's one like you in every group.

MDS wrote:
> Whatever. There's one like you in every group.

One like what, pray tell? One who finds something that you view as
misfortune, fortunate for you? You can't admit that you bought a piece
of junk that looks kind of like a bike? I have a 1955 Rollfast
middleweight cruiser that I picked up on eBay for $20 that is more
trailworthy than your kmart bike was. You've had your pity party, now
move along Aliso Viejo.

JD

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

<snip>
> I have a 1955 Rollfast middleweight cruiser...

There was a thread on the local bike club site, about a local guy with over
2,000 Hawthorne bicycles in his collection. It mentioned that he was finally
going to start letting some of them go. Now for the life of me, I can't find
any info on it. I would love to have one.

"mark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >

> <snip>
> > I have a 1955 Rollfast middleweight cruiser...
> >

> There was a thread on the local bike club site, about a local guy with

over
> 2,000 Hawthorne bicycles in his collection. It mentioned that he was

finally
> going to start letting some of them go. Now for the life of me, I can't

find
> any info on it. I would love to have one.

Or maybe J. C. Higgins bikes.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> MDS wrote:
> > Whatever. There's one like you in every group.

> One like what, pray tell? One who finds something that you view as
> misfortune, fortunate for you? You can't admit that you bought a piece
> of junk that looks kind of like a bike? I have a 1955 Rollfast
> middleweight cruiser that I picked up on eBay for $20 that is more
> trailworthy than your kmart bike was. You've had your pity party, now
> move along Aliso Viejo.
>
> JD

Hey JD,

Have you hugged your kid today, this week, this month, this year?

BBBWWAAHHAA

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> MDS wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Someone broke into my garage last night and hacked through a

> Krypotonite
> > lock to take my bike.

> Crack addicts are kinda funny that way.
>
> > It's a Yellow 18" frame Men's Motiv Vortex. Bright yellow with balck

> and red
> > trim. Black rims. It occured in Aliso Viejo, CA. If anyone see's one

> in the
> > area that they hav enot seen before could you drop me a line, not the

> > biggest loss in the world but it was few hundred dollars and quite

> frankly,
> > perfect for my level of expertise.

> Can you say dime a dozen? I bet there are at least 5,000 day workers
> in SoCal riding that very same bike.
>
> > I know the odds are horrible of anyone finding it and actually

> getting back
> > to me but you never know. The good news is once I let enough time go

> by to
> > accept the loss I'll buy myself a better bike and just keep it in the

> house.
>
> Like Pete indicated, try a bike shop this time. Even a $200 used bike
> in a bike shop would be 100% more bike than the bicycle shaped toy
> taken from your garage.
>
> JD

Hey JD,

Have you hugged your kid today, this week, this month, this year?

BBBWWAAHHAA

Listed on CRAIGSLIST

26" Mountain Bike Fulll suspention - $180 (redwood city)

Reply to: see below
Date: 2004-12-16, 2:59PM PST

its a yellow motiv vortex bike has no scrathes well taken care of i need
to sell asap call (650) 366-0566 Ryan Lv a message if i don't answer

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial
interests

52599944