Stolen Specialized Sequoia Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

D Kuan

Hello, Just wanted to let everyone know that my Specialized Sequoia Expert has been stolen from my
apartment building in Bethesda, MD. I was using this bike for commuting to work and to train for the
Tour De Friends AIDS ride in June. It was last seen on Tuesday April 1st at 7pm. I was out of town
for work and noticed it was gone on Thursday April 3rd at 9:30pm when I came back.

Here is a description if anyone sees it or has any info:
- Specialized Sequoia Expert
- Small frame, silver
- TIME pedals
- Nashbar Legend Saddle
- Green Cyclerite Bag under seat (spare tube and patch kit inside)
- hand pump
- 2 water bottle cages
- bell with compass
- cyclometer
- duo-headlights with square battery pack attached to frame I bought this from Spokes Etc in
October, but they do not keep serial numbers on file.

If you have any information, please email [email protected]. Thanks in advance.

****DANA KUAN TDF Rider #425

=====
Please sponsor me for the 330 mile AIDS ride from Raleigh, NC to Washington, DC (June 19-22nd).
Donations needed by May 21st. http://www.tourdefriends.com (accepting credit cards) Thanks for
your support!

"D Kuan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Bummer.

> I bought this from Spokes Etc in October, but they do not keep serial numbers on file.

Isn't it on your receipt?

> If you have any information, please email [email protected]. Thanks in advance.

Yes, you have to try. But don't get your hopes up. Given a choice between a bike and a VCR, most
thieves would probably choose the VCR. So at home, you should always park your bike next to a VCR.

RichC

Sorry for your Loss Dana. Theft from your home or apartment is tough. I keep my bikes on a 2 up rack
in the kitchen, and I am not alone keeping bikes in a warm, dry and clean storage area. For home
brake-ins, you need Homeowners or Renters Insurance. Even I don't lock my bikes inside the home.

Some think I'm too protective, but I have a 20 pound chain lock (St Pierre was in an article in
Bicycling Magazine 10 years ago or so) for $80 or so. I've been carrying the Masterlock street
Cuff for less than a year (thanks Liche bike when no one else could get one when they were first
out). I can't save your lost bike, but if you ever upgrade to a Rambouilet, Heron or similar bike,
you simply must get real serious about securing your property. My bikes in the garage are all
chained with heavy square link with heavy armored locks. They can be defeated and that's what
insurance is for. I night ride with a NR Blowtorch and NR tail light. There's $400 alone on sale.
No outdoor store parking if you know what I mean. There is a spot inside the door of the store or
I don't go there.

Bike license if available and serial number is a must.

Sorry again for the loss. Any ideas on your next bike?

"D Kuan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hello, Just wanted to let everyone know that my Specialized Sequoia Expert has been stolen from my
> apartment building in Bethesda, MD. I was using this bike for

[email protected] (D Kuan) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hello, Just wanted to let everyone know that my Specialized Sequoia Expert has been stolen from my
> apartment building in Bethesda, MD. I was using this bike for commuting to work and to train for
> the Tour De Friends AIDS ride in June. It was last seen on Tuesday April 1st at 7pm. I was out of
> town for work and noticed it was gone on Thursday April 3rd at 9:30pm when I came back.
>
> > I bought this from Spokes Etc in October, but they do
> not keep serial numbers on file.

Specialized will have your SN if you filled out the warranty card and sent it back to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.