Stolen Specialized Stumpjumper Pro M4 2002 (London)

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Floydy, May 7, 2003.

  1. Floydy

    Floydy Guest

    My 2002 Specialized Stumpjumper Pro M4 was stolen on Sunday March 30th 2003 between 10.30 and
    11.30pm from Columbia Road London E2.

    It was locked with a cable and U-Lock (both were cut) in front of the Birdcage pub (a busy area) it
    cost over £2,000 and stands out a mile

    picture in photo section at:

    2002 Rock Shocks Duke XC (RED - paint WAS flaking off the legs) 27 spd XTR Shifters, Derailleurs,
    Bottom Bracket, 5-Arm 28/38/52T chainset Club Roost ‘super wide/high' downhill bars Hope Mini Disc
    Brakes front & Rear Planet-X shorty stem (red) Red/Silver 18" Frame Shimano WH535 16 Spoke wheels
    (rear is buckled) Specialized Nimbus 1.5" slick tyres with Puncture proof tyre liners installed
    Tioga Beartrap Pedals (Red) Tioga Downhill Saddle with White Stripe (stripe is worn) U.S.E XC
    suspension seatpost Sedis chain.

    e-mail: [email protected]

    Distinguishing marks:

    Underside of downtube has Rock Shox sticker Fork Legs have flaking Paint Downtube has paint chips
    near bottom bracket Fitted with Lizard Skin headset & chainguard protectors Fixings for water
    bottle, lighting kit & pump still on bike Rear wheel is buckled and rim brake surfaces are worn
    where the front is not Brake cables are overly long, rear is kinked Rear wheel L/H skewer is grazed
    following a crash Rear Brake Bosses have blue caps which were taken from the Rock Shox Duke XC The
    Hope Mini master cylinders are grazed on the front edge

    Regards

    Floydy

    Tags:

  2. Tacomaboy

    Tacomaboy Guest

    Sorry bro, I had my '00 Rockhopper FSR stolen a while back, didn't have insurance then either... had
    to eat it. I had just finished paying it off too... good luck to you.

    "floydy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > My 2002 Specialized Stumpjumper Pro M4 was stolen on Sunday March 30th 2003 between 10.30 and
    > 11.30pm from Columbia Road London E2.
    >
    > It was locked with a cable and U-Lock (both were cut) in front of the Birdcage pub (a busy area)
    > it cost over £2,000 and stands out a mile
    >
    > picture in photo section at:

    > 2002 Rock Shocks Duke XC (RED - paint WAS flaking off the legs) 27 spd XTR Shifters, Derailleurs,
    > Bottom Bracket, 5-Arm 28/38/52T chainset Club Roost 'super wide/high' downhill bars Hope Mini Disc
    > Brakes front & Rear Planet-X shorty stem (red) Red/Silver 18" Frame Shimano WH535 16 Spoke wheels
    > (rear is buckled) Specialized Nimbus 1.5" slick tyres with Puncture proof tyre liners installed
    > Tioga Beartrap Pedals (Red) Tioga Downhill Saddle with White Stripe (stripe is worn) U.S.E XC
    > suspension seatpost Sedis chain.
    >
    > e-mail: [email protected]
    >
    > Distinguishing marks:
    >
    > Underside of downtube has Rock Shox sticker Fork Legs have flaking Paint Downtube has paint chips
    > near bottom bracket Fitted with Lizard Skin headset & chainguard protectors Fixings for water
    > bottle, lighting kit & pump still on bike Rear wheel is buckled and rim brake surfaces are worn
    > where the front is not Brake cables are overly long, rear is kinked Rear wheel L/H skewer is
    > grazed following a crash Rear Brake Bosses have blue caps which were taken from the Rock Shox Duke
    > XC The Hope Mini master cylinders are grazed on the front edge
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Floydy

  3. Dpm

    Dpm Guest

    Sorry to hear about this floydy, Bike theives are the scum of the earth. I hope you get a result on
    this. I know how you feel, Ive had 4 nicked (all locked ) over the years, the last time I couldnt
    calm down for 2 weeks, and went out every night on the hunt.

    max