Stolen Underground is BACK!!!

Michael Gacki

Guest
I know it's your favorite, it surely is my favorite, and now after a
short sabbatical Stolen Underground is back. And the Commander seems
more ****** than ever. Happy Reading

Michael Gacki wrote:
> I know it's your favorite, it surely is my favorite, and now after a
> short sabbatical Stolen Underground is back. And the Commander seems
> more ****** than ever. Happy Reading

Dumbass -

The problem with that site is the attitude that, in life's grand
scheme, bike racing is important.

K. Gringioni.

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> Michael Gacki wrote:
>
>>I know it's your favorite, it surely is my favorite, and now after a
>>short sabbatical Stolen Underground is back. And the Commander seems
>>more ****** than ever. Happy Reading

> Dumbass -
>
> The problem with that site is the attitude that, in life's grand
> scheme, bike racing is important.

Dumbass -

There is no grand scheme by which to judge bike racing important or not,
although I agree that the Commander has a misplaced sense of priorities.

I'm thinking of creating a list of things more important than bicycle
racing so that I can post it here and we can discuss it.

> Michael Gacki wrote:
>> I know it's your favorite, it surely is my favorite, and now after a
>> short sabbatical Stolen Underground is back. And the Commander seems
>> more ****** than ever. Happy Reading

> Dumbass -
>
> The problem with that site is the attitude that, in life's grand
> scheme, bike racing is important.
> K. Gringioni.

but is <is> important.
that's why there's rec.bicycles.racing!
e-RICHIE

Tim Lines wrote:

> Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> > Michael Gacki wrote:
> >
> >>I know it's your favorite, it surely is my favorite, and now after a
> >>short sabbatical Stolen Underground is back. And the Commander seems
> >>more ****** than ever. Happy Reading

> > Dumbass -
> >
> > The problem with that site is the attitude that, in life's grand
> > scheme, bike racing is important.
> >

> Dumbass -
>
> There is no grand scheme by which to judge bike racing important or not,
> although I agree that the Commander has a misplaced sense of priorities.
>
> I'm thinking of creating a list of things more important than bicycle
> racing so that I can post it here and we can discuss it.

The matter of doping is important whether or not you are tired of hearing
about it. The guilty athletes are being caught, slowy but surely. And
those who aren't are living a life of fear wondering if they will be next
on the list.

All of the allegations on the Stolen Underground regarding Tyler Hamilton
and Rick Crawford/Tom Danielson are reckless. Hamilton has yet to have his
day in court, and Crawford/Danielson haven't even been accused of anything.

At this point Stolen Underground is approaching the legal defintion of
libel. I'm not sure why Matt's opinion is relevant in doping matters anyway
given its lack of concern to due process.

And secondly, considering Matt has admitted to taking EPO and racing, it
would seem that anything he says on that website is really an editorial
against himself.

It would be like hearing a lecture on fidelity in marriage from Clinton.
It just doesn't work for me.

Phil

Phil <phil@ wrote:

> The matter of doping is important whether or not you are tired of hearing
> about it.

Dumbass -

You don't get to vote on what is or is not important to me. It's not
your call.

You also don't get to decide my reasons for attaching importance to
doping. It is entirely possible that I think doping to be of some
importance while finding Stolen Underground's or Lafferty's opinion
irrelevant.

Tim Lines wrote:

> Phil <phil@ wrote:
>
> > The matter of doping is important whether or not you are tired of hearing
> > about it.

> Dumbass -
>
> You don't get to vote on what is or is not important to me. It's not
> your call.
>
> You also don't get to decide my reasons for attaching importance to
> doping. It is entirely possible that I think doping to be of some
> importance while finding Stolen Underground's or Lafferty's opinion
> irrelevant.

I was never trying to overrule your personal opinions. I was making a
statement: that doping in the sport is an important issue regardless of
anyone's opinion about wanting to hear about it or not.

I also think that the way doping cases are handled is just as important as the
underlying claims made by the people trying to eradicate it.

The UCI is running dangerously close to violating its own antidoping rules by
excluding Phonak from the Pro Tour and citing the team's/Hamilton's defense
strategy being the basis for that exclusion.

I believe Phonak would win an appeal to the CAS if they filed one to contest
their exclusion from the Pro Tour given the fact that the UCI's articulated
reason is antithetical to the due process afforded to Perez and Hamilton in
the WADA Protocol.

Truce,

Phil

"Phil <phil@ .net >" <"no spam> wrote in message

>> > Dumbass -
>> >
>> > The problem with that site is the attitude that, in life's grand
>> > scheme, bike racing is important.
>> >

>> Dumbass -
>>
>> There is no grand scheme by which to judge bike racing important or not,
>> although I agree that the Commander has a misplaced sense of priorities.
>>
>> I'm thinking of creating a list of things more important than bicycle
>> racing so that I can post it here and we can discuss it.

> The matter of doping is important whether or not you are tired of hearing
> about it. The guilty athletes are being caught, slowy but surely. And
> those who aren't are living a life of fear wondering if they will be next
> on the list.

Fact or speculation?

"Phil <phil@ .net >" <"no spam> wrote in message

> I believe Phonak would win an appeal to the CAS if they filed one to
> contest
> their exclusion from the Pro Tour given the fact that the UCI's
> articulated
> reason is antithetical to the due process afforded to Perez and Hamilton
> in
> the WADA Protocol.

I was just checking the WADA site to see if they had a list of people they
had caught. I didn't see one, but I did take the quiz they offer.
Interestingly, for the true/false question "WADA could test me
in-competition while I am competing at an event", the answer is: "The WADA
program is for out of competition testing only. WADA does not test at
events." Although the in-competition tests comply with the WADA test
standards, I was surprised to see that.

Phil <phil@ wrote:

> > Dumbass -
> >
> > There is no grand scheme by which to judge bike racing important or

not,
> > although I agree that the Commander has a misplaced sense of

priorities.

> > I'm thinking of creating a list of things more important than

bicycle
> > racing so that I can post it here and we can discuss it.

> The matter of doping is important whether or not you are tired of

hearing
> about it. The guilty athletes are being caught, slowy but surely.

And
> those who aren't are living a life of fear wondering if they will be

next
> on the list.

Dumbass -

Your problem is the attitude that, in life's grand scheme, bike racing
is important.

K. Gringioni.

Phil <phil@ wrote:
> Tim Lines wrote:
>

>>Phil <phil@ wrote:
>>

>>>The matter of doping is important whether or not you are tired of hearing
>>>about it.

>>Dumbass -
>>
>>You don't get to vote on what is or is not important to me. It's not
>>your call.
>>
>>You also don't get to decide my reasons for attaching importance to
>>doping. It is entirely possible that I think doping to be of some
>>importance while finding Stolen Underground's or Lafferty's opinion
>>irrelevant.

> I was never trying to overrule your personal opinions.

That would be a pointless exercise, like pretty much all doping
converstaions in here are.

> I was making a
> statement: that doping in the sport is an important issue regardless of
> anyone's opinion about wanting to hear about it or not.

I understand that statement, the disagreement lies in the emphasis that
we place on the issue.

Some people obsess over this issue and need to get back on their meds.
Anyone associated with SU pretty much qualifies.

<snippage>

> Truce,
>
> Phil

You're not the Commander, so OK.

> Phil <phil@ wrote:
>

> > > Dumbass -
> > >
> > > There is no grand scheme by which to judge bike racing important or

> not,
> > > although I agree that the Commander has a misplaced sense of

> priorities.
> > >
> > > I'm thinking of creating a list of things more important than

> bicycle
> > > racing so that I can post it here and we can discuss it.

> > The matter of doping is important whether or not you are tired of

> hearing
> > about it. The guilty athletes are being caught, slowy but surely.

> And
> > those who aren't are living a life of fear wondering if they will be

> next
> > on the list.

> Dumbass -
>
> Your problem is the attitude that, in life's grand scheme, bike racing
> is important.
>

> K. Gringioni.

nah, he's having too much fun with it to think that.