Stomach Cramps without any other symptoms.

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Dan, Feb 27, 2004.

  1. Dan

    Dan Guest

    I have had stomach cramps, mild for about 4 days. The cramps are pinpoint aches that are not
    localized. Also have had heartburn lately. Feels like my whole stomach is irritated. No other
    symptoms at all though. Could this be a virus, or a form of food poisoning?

    The abdominal pain flow charts don't point to anything. I'm at a loss for an explanation. I'm going
    to see a doctor in a few days just in case it doesn't go away.

    Any ideas? Could this be a virus or food poisoning?

    Thanks

    MrE.

    Tags:

  2. Lisa

    Lisa Guest

    Hi there. If the ache is right where your ribs meet then it could be an ulcer. It feels like cramps
    and they come and go. I have ulcers and when I get hungry this seems to hurt more. Another
    explanation could be Irritable Bowel Syndrome as well. If the pain is right where I said, you might
    want to see your doctor. You could go to the pharmacy and try Philosec (hope I spelled it right.)
    Also try Maalox. Do you take anything with aspirin in it or ibuprofen? If so, stop taking it. They
    cause ulcers. Hope this helps.

    Lisa

    [email protected] (Dan) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I have had stomach cramps, mild for about 4 days. The cramps are pinpoint aches that are not
    > localized. Also have had heartburn lately. Feels like my whole stomach is irritated. No other
    > symptoms at all though. Could this be a virus, or a form of food poisoning?
    >
    > The abdominal pain flow charts don't point to anything. I'm at a loss for an explanation. I'm
    > going to see a doctor in a few days just in case it doesn't go away.
    >
    > Any ideas? Could this be a virus or food poisoning?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > MrE.

  3. Pizza Girl

    Pizza Girl Guest

    Could just be dehydration. How many litres of water do you drink per day? Have you been in the heat
    lately or drinking alcohol, coffee or tea more than usual? Do you have diarrhea. this can be a
    symptom or the cause of dehydration also.

  4. [email protected] (Dan) wrote:

    >The abdominal pain flow charts don't point to anything.

    What are abdominal pain flow charts?

    >I'm at a loss for an explanation. I'm going to see a doctor in a few days just in case it
    >doesn't go away.
    >
    >Any ideas? Could this be a virus or food poisoning?

    Yes, and about a dozen other things. You didn't mention age, gender, medical history, or much of
    anything else. Any wild-ass guesses you get here are little more than that -- wild-ass guesses.

  5. Pizza Girl

    Pizza Girl Guest

    Any statements below are the blately obvious.

    news:[email protected]...

  6. "Pizza Girl" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Any statements below are the blately obvious.

    Then why didn't you say them?

  7. Pizza Girl

    Pizza Girl Guest

  8. "Pizza Girl" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Why don't you learn to thread?

    Because sewing never interested me.

    Get over your little hissy fit and move on.

  9. MattLB

    MattLB Guest

    Pizza Girl wrote:

    > Why don't you learn to thread?

    Maybe for the same reason you don't learn not to top-post.

    > "Carey Gregory" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "Pizza Girl" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > >Any statements below are the blately obvious.
    > >
    > > Then why didn't you say them?

  10. Pizza Girl

    Pizza Girl Guest

    No this garbage again. It come right down to:

    If you want more people to read your garbage and you have any consideration for others you will not
    bottom post.

    You choose.

    "MattLB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Pizza Girl wrote:
    > >
    > > Why don't you learn to thread?
    >
    > Maybe for the same reason you don't learn not to top-post.
    >
    > > "Carey Gregory" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...

    > > > Then why didn't you say them?

  11. [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] Once upon a time, our fellow MattLB rambled on
    about "Re: Stomach Cramps without any other symptoms.." Our champion De-Medicalizing in
    sci.med.nutrition retorts, thusly ...

    >Maybe for the same reason you don't learn not to top-post.

    Ha, ... Hah, Ha!

    The unnecessary duplicant makes a point!