Stomach Cramps without any other symptoms.

Dan

Guest
I have had stomach cramps, mild for about 4 days. The cramps are pinpoint aches that are not
localized. Also have had heartburn lately. Feels like my whole stomach is irritated. No other
symptoms at all though. Could this be a virus, or a form of food poisoning?

The abdominal pain flow charts don't point to anything. I'm at a loss for an explanation. I'm going
to see a doctor in a few days just in case it doesn't go away.

Any ideas? Could this be a virus or food poisoning?

Thanks

MrE.

Hi there. If the ache is right where your ribs meet then it could be an ulcer. It feels like cramps
and they come and go. I have ulcers and when I get hungry this seems to hurt more. Another
explanation could be Irritable Bowel Syndrome as well. If the pain is right where I said, you might
want to see your doctor. You could go to the pharmacy and try Philosec (hope I spelled it right.)
Also try Maalox. Do you take anything with aspirin in it or ibuprofen? If so, stop taking it. They
cause ulcers. Hope this helps.

Lisa

[email protected] (Dan) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I have had stomach cramps, mild for about 4 days. The cramps are pinpoint aches that are not
> localized. Also have had heartburn lately. Feels like my whole stomach is irritated. No other
> symptoms at all though. Could this be a virus, or a form of food poisoning?
>
> The abdominal pain flow charts don't point to anything. I'm at a loss for an explanation. I'm
> going to see a doctor in a few days just in case it doesn't go away.
>
> Any ideas? Could this be a virus or food poisoning?
>
> Thanks
>
> MrE.

Could just be dehydration. How many litres of water do you drink per day? Have you been in the heat
lately or drinking alcohol, coffee or tea more than usual? Do you have diarrhea. this can be a
symptom or the cause of dehydration also.

[email protected] (Dan) wrote:

>The abdominal pain flow charts don't point to anything.

What are abdominal pain flow charts?

>I'm at a loss for an explanation. I'm going to see a doctor in a few days just in case it
>doesn't go away.
>
>Any ideas? Could this be a virus or food poisoning?

Yes, and about a dozen other things. You didn't mention age, gender, medical history, or much of
anything else. Any wild-ass guesses you get here are little more than that -- wild-ass guesses.

Any statements below are the blately obvious.

news:[email protected]...

"Pizza Girl" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Why don't you learn to thread?

Because sewing never interested me.

Get over your little hissy fit and move on.

No this garbage again. It come right down to:

If you want more people to read your garbage and you have any consideration for others you will not
bottom post.

You choose.

"MattLB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Pizza Girl wrote:
> >
> > Why don't you learn to thread?
>
> Maybe for the same reason you don't learn not to top-post.
>
> > "Carey Gregory" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > > Then why didn't you say them?

[email protected] [email protected] [email protected] Once upon a time, our fellow MattLB rambled on
about "Re: Stomach Cramps without any other symptoms.." Our champion De-Medicalizing in
sci.med.nutrition retorts, thusly ...

>Maybe for the same reason you don't learn not to top-post.

Ha, ... Hah, Ha!

The unnecessary duplicant makes a point!