General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

stomach gas

Started by Manuel · · Last activity · 5 posts · 1,527 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
8 May 2004
Last activity
11 May 2004
Original author
Manuel
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,527
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hy all,

    I've sometimes got a "small" problem. When I swim as far as
    2km, I've got trouble with bowel gas, i.e. I produce a lot
    of it. What's the cause of that? Since I do not eat a lot
    before I start, I do not suppose it is from digesting food.
    Is it air that I swallow while breathing (I forgot to
    mention I swim crawl)? And if so, is my breathing technique
    not ok then?

    Greets

    Manuel

  2. In article <[email hidden]>,
    [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    Hy all,

    I've sometimes got a "small" problem. When I swim as far
    as 2km, I've got trouble with bowel gas, i.e. I produce a
    lot of it. What's the cause of that? Since I do not eat a
    lot before I start, I do not suppose it is from digesting
    food. Is it air that I swallow while breathing (I forgot
    to mention I swim crawl)? And if so, is my breathing
    technique not ok then?

    Greets

    Manuel

    I woldn't call that a problem, I'd call that a lane to
    yourself :-)

    - Al

  3. har har :-)

    It's not that bad... And sadly enough, it doesn't give me
    extra speed :-) That would have been something to brag
    about... No, trouble (if you can call it that) starts when
    I've finished swimming. Bowel cramps and lots of air...
    Anyway, no need to go into detail, no?

    Greets

    Manuel

    "Al" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:MPG.1b054be8f61e492b9897a2@mayonews...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    Hy all,

    I've sometimes got a "small" problem. When I swim as far
    as 2km, I've got trouble with bowel gas, i.e. I produce
    a lot of it. What's the cause of that? Since I do not
    eat a lot before I start, I do not suppose it is from
    digesting food. Is it air that I swallow while breathing
    (I forgot to mention I swim crawl)? And if so, is my
    breathing technique not ok then?

    Greets

    Manuel

    I woldn't call that a problem, I'd call that a lane to
    yourself :-)

    - Al

  4. In article
    <[email hidden]>,
    [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    har har :-)

    It's not that bad... And sadly enough, it doesn't give me
    extra speed :-) That would have been something to brag
    about... No, trouble (if you can call it that) starts when
    I've finished swimming. Bowel cramps and lots of air...
    Anyway, no need to go into detail, no?

    Greets

    Manuel

    "Al" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:MPG.1b054be8f61e492b9897a2@mayonews...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    Hy all,

    I've sometimes got a "small" problem. When I swim as
    far as 2km, I've got trouble with bowel gas, i.e. I
    produce a lot of it. What's the cause of that? Since I
    do not eat a lot before I start, I do not suppose it
    is from digesting food. Is it air that I swallow while
    breathing (I forgot to mention I swim crawl)? And if
    so, is my breathing technique not ok then?

    Greets

    Manuel

    I woldn't call that a problem, I'd call that a lane to
    yourself :-)

    - Al

    Glad you're able to share my twisted humor - I'd neglected
    to add any comment of substance. Actually, swallowing air
    would be my first guess
    - and the first thing I'd check is to see if you're
    consciously exhaling between breaths. No need to put that
    air through a few hundred feet of intestine if you don't
    have to, right? :-)

    - Al

  5. Try rolling your body a bit more to the side when you
    breathe so you aren't gulping down the air. It sounds like
    you panic a bit when breathing so if you roll your entire
    body a little more maybe you will feel more confident that
    the air will be available to you when it is time to breathe?
    If you swallow air to fast it can hurt going down so I would
    seriously have someone watch your stroke. How many strokes
    do you take between breaths?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.