Stomach goes sour...

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by CatSpin, May 16, 2005.

1. CatSpin

CatSpin New Member

Just wondering why this happens under effort. We all learn to live with it, but sometimes understanding "why" helps.

Is is chemical, physiological or other that cuases your gut to to go so sour?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

CATSPIN

Tags:

2. Fat Hack

Fat Hack New Member

Ok, I'll bite....what do you mean, "sour"?

3. CatSpin

CatSpin New Member

Thanks Fat Hack.

"Sour", upset, uneasy - like you're going to puke.

4. DocK

DocK New Member

Your stomach will ache due to the fact that during exercise, blood is shunted to the muscles to supply O2, therefore, little blood is in the stomach, intestinal tract therefore digestion/absorption is slowed considerably leading to upset stomach.

5. 531Aussie

531Aussie Well-Known Member

The only time I feel like I'm going to puke is when I don't warm up properly, and/or eat too much too soon before the hard ride.

I've noticed that I can't just warm up at 70or 80% max heart rate for a while, then go straight inot a maximum effort -- I have do to a little at 85%, roll for a bit, a little 90%, roll, 94ish%, roll a bit....then BANG!! straight to the really hard stuff, otherwise I'll feel like spewin' up.

6. bikeguy

bikeguy New Member

I've had problems with diarheaa when I'm riding hard up; to days after. I don't feel sick and my stomach doesn't hurt and I don't feel like I'm going to throw up though.

My legs always end up hurting more than anything else and yesterday for example after battling a 40-50 km/hr headwind on the way back felt dead this morning. The wind was mostly crosswind and changed direction to become a headwind when I returned from my turnaround point. That was the hardest ride I've ever done.

-Bikeguy

7. tfstrum

tfstrum New Member