Stop the snowboard insanity

Joe Humble

Guest
Snowboardcross??

If I see one more absurd stoner go up and then down a "1/2 pipe" (they
look like they are on a full pipe) I'm about ready to boycott the
Olympics! It is almost like rich white Americans wanted something for
their kids to do during the winter.

--
Is this thing on?

"Joe Humble" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Snowboardcross??
>
> If I see one more absurd stoner go up and then down a "1/2 pipe" (they
> look like they are on a full pipe) I'm about ready to boycott the
> Olympics! It is almost like rich white Americans wanted something for
> their kids to do during the winter.

The only sport where THC is a performance enhancing substance. But you have
to figure the Television/Olympic Commitee consortium is looking at the
future and the demographic that cares about guys named Hermann competing in
GS is dying off.

Easy to diss a sport from ones armchair ...
A general dscription of 'snowboardcross' here:
http://tinyurl.com/dmnaj

"Snowboardcross has a special appeal, said fans watching Thursday,
because the first rider to the finish wins. No subjective judging to
spoil the competition."
http://tinyurl.com/dqfbu

joanne

"joanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Easy to diss a sport from ones armchair ...
> A general dscription of 'snowboardcross' here:
> http://tinyurl.com/dmnaj
>
> "Snowboardcross has a special appeal, said fans watching Thursday,
> because the first rider to the finish wins. No subjective judging to
> spoil the competition."
> http://tinyurl.com/dqfbu

I heard a rumor that snowboarding is the only olympic sport where you will
be disqualified if you tested negative for drugs.

Something about maintaining tradition or something.

Joe Humble <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Snowboardcross??
>
> If I see one more absurd stoner go up and then down a "1/2 pipe" (they
> look like they are on a full pipe) I'm about ready to boycott the
> Olympics! It is almost like rich white Americans wanted something for
> their kids to do during the winter.

You'd rather watch synchronized swimming?

At least this is a legitimate sport.

Hugh

--
Exercise is a dirty word. Whenever I hear it, I wash my mouth out with
chocolate. ("Ladi")

Hugh Beyer:

[snowboardcross]

> At least this is a legitimate sport.

And they’re all athletes.

--
Jock

John Dunlop wrote:
> Hugh Beyer:
>
> [snowboardcross]
>

>>At least this is a legitimate sport.

> And they’re all athletes.

But how can you tell? I want more beefcake. I think they ought to wear
neoprene instead of snowsuits.

Dally

On 17 Feb 2006 09:15:42 -0800, "joanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Easy to diss a sport from ones armchair ...
>A general dscription of 'snowboardcross' here:
>http://tinyurl.com/dmnaj
>
>"Snowboardcross has a special appeal, said fans watching Thursday,
>because the first rider to the finish wins. No subjective judging to
>spoil the competition."
>http://tinyurl.com/dqfbu
>

>joanne

I'm suspicious of a "sport" where it seems more obvious to me how to
win than the silver medallist. I did catch the men's final and the
guy who took the gold did so because he had enough sense to go high on
the outside bends which is clearly the best place to build momentum
since you can slide into it harder and go nearly perpendicular to the
pull of gravity.

--
Is this thing on?

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 16:19:08 GMT, Joe Humble <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I'm suspicious of a "sport" where it seems more obvious to me how to
>win than the silver medallist. I did catch the men's final and the
>guy who took the gold did so because he had enough sense to go high on
>the outside bends which is clearly the best place to build momentum
>since you can slide into it harder and go nearly perpendicular to the
>pull of gravity.

Joe,
Just "fire one up", and by the time you finish it, you'll understand
it. It's THAT kind of sport...

Dally wrote:

> John Dunlop wrote:
>
>> Hugh Beyer:
>>
>> [snowboardcross]
>>

>>> At least this is a legitimate sport.

>> And they’re all athletes.

> But how can you tell? I want more beefcake. I think they ought to wear
> neoprene instead of snowsuits.

You mean like two man luge? That sport makes male figure skaters look
like coal miners in comparison.

Stephen N.

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 12:32:07 -0500, "Lee Michaels"
<leemichaels*nadaspam*@comcast.net> wrote:

>"joanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Easy to diss a sport from ones armchair ...
>> A general dscription of 'snowboardcross' here:
>> http://tinyurl.com/dmnaj
>>
>> "Snowboardcross has a special appeal, said fans watching Thursday,
>> because the first rider to the finish wins. No subjective judging to
>> spoil the competition."
>> http://tinyurl.com/dqfbu
>>

>I heard a rumor that snowboarding is the only olympic sport where you will
>be disqualified if you tested negative for drugs.
>
>Something about maintaining tradition or something.

I thought it was priceless when the female stoner with the dreads
tried to do a little "showboat" at the end and fell down, and lost the
gold. I think the fall would be called a 1/2 fakie with a rollover
and a twist on the landing.

Absurd sport, absurd athletes.

--
Is this thing on?

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 05:12:19 GMT, Joe Humble <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 12:32:07 -0500, "Lee Michaels"
><leemichaels*nadaspam*@comcast.net> wrote:
>

>>"joanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>> Easy to diss a sport from ones armchair ...
>>> A general dscription of 'snowboardcross' here:
>>> http://tinyurl.com/dmnaj
>>>
>>> "Snowboardcross has a special appeal, said fans watching Thursday,
>>> because the first rider to the finish wins. No subjective judging to
>>> spoil the competition."
>>> http://tinyurl.com/dqfbu
>>>

>>I heard a rumor that snowboarding is the only olympic sport where you will
>>be disqualified if you tested negative for drugs.
>>
>>Something about maintaining tradition or something.
>>

>I thought it was priceless when the female stoner with the dreads
>tried to do a little "showboat" at the end and fell down, and lost the
>gold. I think the fall would be called a 1/2 fakie with a rollover
>and a twist on the landing.

Hilarious - silly cow! The race aint won 'til you got the gong in
mitt! ;o)

Steve Ovett, the British track star, some years ago did something very
similar in the final of the 1500 metres, when he raised his arms aloft
to acknowledge his adoring fans as he approached the line, only to be
pipped on the post by an unknown sneaking in on the inside.

Silly *******!

>Absurd sport, absurd athletes.

Agreed! Just consider that ice sculpting is an Olympic sport; I think
that says it all!!

HAGS!

"JRH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 05:12:19 GMT, Joe Humble <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 12:32:07 -0500, "Lee Michaels"
>><leemichaels*nadaspam*@comcast.net> wrote:
>>

>>>"joanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>I heard a rumor that snowboarding is the only olympic sport where you
>>>will
>>>be disqualified if you tested negative for drugs.
>>>
>>>Something about maintaining tradition or something.
>>>

>>I thought it was priceless when the female stoner with the dreads
>>tried to do a little "showboat" at the end and fell down, and lost the
>>gold. I think the fall would be called a 1/2 fakie with a rollover
>>and a twist on the landing.

> Hilarious - silly cow! The race aint won 'til you got the gong in
> mitt! ;o)
>
> Steve Ovett, the British track star, some years ago did something very
> similar in the final of the 1500 metres, when he raised his arms aloft
> to acknowledge his adoring fans as he approached the line, only to be
> pipped on the post by an unknown sneaking in on the inside.

You never count your money when you're sittin at the table

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 18:54:53 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"JRH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 05:12:19 GMT, Joe Humble <[email protected]>
>> wrote:

>>>I thought it was priceless when the female stoner with the dreads
>>>tried to do a little "showboat" at the end and fell down, and lost the
>>>gold. I think the fall would be called a 1/2 fakie with a rollover
>>>and a twist on the landing.

>> Hilarious - silly cow! The race aint won 'til you got the gong in
>> mitt! ;o)
>>
>> Steve Ovett, the British track star, some years ago did something very
>> similar in the final of the 1500 metres, when he raised his arms aloft
>> to acknowledge his adoring fans as he approached the line, only to be
>> pipped on the post by an unknown sneaking in on the inside.

>You never count your money when you're sittin at the table

Wise words indeed Oz! ;o)

"JRH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 18:54:53 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>"JRH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...

>>> Hilarious - silly cow! The race aint won 'til you got the gong in
>>> mitt! ;o)
>>>
>>> Steve Ovett, the British track star, some years ago did something very
>>> similar in the final of the 1500 metres, when he raised his arms aloft
>>> to acknowledge his adoring fans as he approached the line, only to be
>>> pipped on the post by an unknown sneaking in on the inside.

>>You never count your money when you're sittin at the table
>>

> Wise words indeed Oz! ;o)

I am in fact having a crisis of self respect today - you are the 3rd troll
that I have sucked up to. I will need counselling.

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 19:40:37 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I am in fact having a crisis of self respect today - you are the 3rd troll
>that I have sucked up to. I will need counselling.

1) this is no surprise to us that know you. 2) you needed it long
before that action.