Stop Turning Vitamins Into Expensive Urine!

ric_stern/RST said:
How do you know the cramps are related to a micronutrient deficiency. Science hasn't yet managed to come up with a reason as to why cramping occurs, let alone a solution to cure it.

Well, there's something I could teach... because I know!
Having started specific nutritional supplementation for cramping after one particular ride, I have not come close to cramping once in the past 8 months now - still training at volumes of 600-800km p/wk and racing stage events and 150km-200km road races as intensely as ever.

Science may never find a solution, but someone who knows their own body Inside & Out will live cramp free.

I'm not going to give away the answer yet, because every professional athlete needs an edge - especially if they are to stay clean.

But this thread is about whether or not Nutritional Supplementation is of any value... and my opinion is YES!

Jhikers said:
Having started specific nutritional supplementation for cramping after one particular ride, I have not come close to cramping once in the past 8 months now - still training at volumes of 600-800km p/wk and racing stage events and 150km-200km road races as intensely as ever.

Science may never find a solution, but someone who knows their own body Inside & Out will live cramp free.

I'm not going to give away the answer yet, because every professional athlete needs an edge - especially if they are to stay clean.

But this thread is about whether or not Nutritional Supplementation is of any value... and my opinion is YES!
id still say that it was about hydration and the fact that most people only take on water when they are thirsty, rather than at regular intervals.........

since once you feel thirsty its to late since signs of thirst are the sure signs of dehydartion..... ohh or was you refferring to something that allows you to hold lots of water within the muscle tissues...

to late......

Jhikers said:

I'd be interested to find exactly which supplimental substances you feel are responsible for reducing muscle cramps. I've heard that calcium supplimentation is sometimes beneficial and have also read that the body utilizes calcium, magnesium and potassium to create an electrical differential between the inside and outside of muscle cells which lends a logical bridge to the possibility that calcium may help. However, the problem might also be more properly aligned with what is being consumed rather than what isn't. Creatine has long been known to increase the need for proper dehydration as it causes the muscles to retain more water and without that water, an increase in muscle cramping may be experienced. Perhaps you consume too many natural sources of creatine and as a result, find the suppliments help to decrease the cramping which is aggravated by the excess of creatine. The foods which contain creatine are also often responsible for a negative calcium balance as they contain a substantial amount of protein.

Jhikers said:

How do you know you have the solution if you can't rationally refer it to an external standard?

Roadie_scum said:
I'm worried; I've read about your product, and it seems to come in a tablet form. Apparently when Lance Armstrong takes his vitamin supplements they come in a needle. Would it be possible to mash these tablets up, mix them with saline, and inject them??? What dosage should I use if I do this? Would these be an appropriate chaser for my HGH and Eprex?? I wanna be like Lance...
I hope your not serious about mashing up vitamins and then injecting them with saline! You would be really risking your health doing something like that.

Steve Holloway said:
I hope your not serious about mashing up vitamins and then injecting them with saline! You would be really risking your health doing something like that.

Hahahaha. Cheers Steve.

1. Having a dig at the person who started this thread.
2. Having a dig at athletes and 'experts' who claim athletes need to inject vitamins.
3. Having a dig at people who want to slavishly emulate professional cyclists whatever they do.
4. Joking.

txbuckeye said:
a severe depletion of chloride and sodium ions over a prolonged period of time leads to progressive water loss from the extra cellular compartment, and therefore from the volume of plasma volume. this may be severe enough to lead to circulatory failure (cramps)

list of words for you to run through google..

fluid comparments.
http://www.lander.edu/tmaze/Pathology/Lectures%20Fall%202003/6.%20Fluid,%20Electrolytes,%20Acids%20and%20Bases.htm
extra cellular fluids
http://homepages.unl.ac.uk/~woodwarc/ZA101/Resting%20and%20action%20potentials%20for%20web/sld001.htm
interstitial fluids - (liquid found between the cells of the body that provides much of the liquid environment of the body)

maybe ill type something understandable later when i get up.

sodium
chloride

Roadie_scum said:
How do you know you have the solution if you can't rationally refer it to an external standard?
the total water content of the human body of the average male of 70kg/150lb is about 23litres\40pints. of this is about 2 thirds is located within the body cells (intercellullar fluids) the reamaining third is (extracellular fluids) . this circlates in the space between the cells (interstitial water) and mixes with the fluid of the blood (plasma water) through the capilary walls. fluid diffuses between the intercellular and the extracellular compartments of the body by a process called osmosis: these are openings of the walls in the membranes of cells that allows continual movement of water in and out of the cell.

during osmosis; water moves where the number of water molecules (concentration) is lowest. this is primarily determined by the number of particles desolved in the water-the greater the number of particles in a given volume of water, the fewer the water molecules in the water. so water moves to the area with the largest number of particles in the solution.

the majority of particles in solution are derived from electrolytes which when dissolved in body fluids break down to yield possitively and negatively charged ions. apart from being essential minerals, they also control fluid movement between the fluid compartmentsof the body. sodium (NA+) and chloride (Cl-) are the ions primarily responsible for maintaining the water content of the extracellular fluid compartment and are lost in greatest quantities in sweat.

if a large amount of (NA+) and (Cl-) ions is lost in sweat, the body looses part of the control over the distribution and volume of extra cellular water and attempts must be made to redistribute water in order to maintain the original-water-ion relationship.a severe depletion of these ions over a prolonged period of time leads to a progressive water loss from thwe extracellular compartment, and therfore from plasma volume. this may be severe enough to lead to circulatory failure. (cramps)

that explpain it well enough for you?