Storck Bike

James Cagney

Guest
I just returned from Phila and saw this sweet carbon frame from
Storck. It was 12 pounds complete!! The entire brake was also carbon
- I guess some shop in Phila or NYC is the first distributor of these
bikes. Has anyone riden this carbon frame or do they know anything
about it?

js

James Cagney wrote:
> I just returned from Phila and saw this sweet carbon frame from
> Storck. It was 12 pounds complete!! The entire brake was also carbon
> - I guess some shop in Phila or NYC is the first distributor of these
> bikes. Has anyone riden this carbon frame or do they know anything
> about it?

I hear when you get on it, you exclaim: "Oh, baby."

Bill "just /delivering/ some Storck humor" S.

"James Cagney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I just returned from Phila and saw this sweet carbon frame from
> Storck. It was 12 pounds complete!! The entire brake was also carbon
> - I guess some shop in Phila or NYC is the first distributor of these
> bikes. Has anyone riden this carbon frame or do they know anything
> about it?

http://www.storck-bicycle.de

Now that might be considered "stupid light" but I dunno... My 28-lb road
bike seems to do well.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

The shop was The Bicycle Barn - www.thebicyclebarn.com

bicycleboy11 wrote:
> The shop was The Bicycle Barn - 'www.thebicyclebarn.com'
> (http://www.thebicyclebarn.com)
>

> James Cagney Wrote:
> > I just returned from Phila and saw this sweet carbon frame from
> > Storck. It was 12 pounds complete!! The entire brake was also carbon
> > - I guess some shop in Phila or NYC is the first distributor of these
> > bikes. Has anyone riden this carbon frame or do they know anything
> > about it?
> >
> > js

> --
> bicycleboy11

The distributor of these talked to us about 2 years ago-very light
german carbon frame. limited sizes...nothing too amazing, considering
the flood of carbon frames these days. We went with Parlee for the time
frame to get plus custom option. Pretty easy to make a non-UCI legal
bike w/o compromising reliability these days either. just gotta bring
yer wallet. BUT a 5 pound lighter bike, with a standard 175 pound rider
and it really doesn't make that much difference unless yer either
lifting it in the shop or putting it onto the top of your car.