Storck Bike

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by James Cagney, Jun 7, 2004.

  1. James Cagney

    James Cagney Guest

    I just returned from Phila and saw this sweet carbon frame from
    Storck. It was 12 pounds complete!! The entire brake was also carbon
    - I guess some shop in Phila or NYC is the first distributor of these
    bikes. Has anyone riden this carbon frame or do they know anything
    about it?

    js

    Tags:

  2. S o r n i

    S o r n i Guest

    James Cagney wrote:
    > I just returned from Phila and saw this sweet carbon frame from
    > Storck. It was 12 pounds complete!! The entire brake was also carbon
    > - I guess some shop in Phila or NYC is the first distributor of these
    > bikes. Has anyone riden this carbon frame or do they know anything
    > about it?

    I hear when you get on it, you exclaim: "Oh, baby."

    Bill "just /delivering/ some Storck humor" S.

  3. ZeeExSixAre

    ZeeExSixAre Guest

    "James Cagney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I just returned from Phila and saw this sweet carbon frame from
    > Storck. It was 12 pounds complete!! The entire brake was also carbon
    > - I guess some shop in Phila or NYC is the first distributor of these
    > bikes. Has anyone riden this carbon frame or do they know anything
    > about it?

    http://www.storck-bicycle.de

    Now that might be considered "stupid light" but I dunno... My 28-lb road
    bike seems to do well.

    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

  4. bicycleboy11

    bicycleboy11 New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2006
    The shop was The Bicycle Barn - www.thebicyclebarn.com

  5. bicycleboy11 wrote:
    > The shop was The Bicycle Barn - 'www.thebicyclebarn.com'
    > (http://www.thebicyclebarn.com)
    >

    > James Cagney Wrote:
    > > I just returned from Phila and saw this sweet carbon frame from
    > > Storck. It was 12 pounds complete!! The entire brake was also carbon
    > > - I guess some shop in Phila or NYC is the first distributor of these
    > > bikes. Has anyone riden this carbon frame or do they know anything
    > > about it?
    > >
    > > js

    > --
    > bicycleboy11

    The distributor of these talked to us about 2 years ago-very light
    german carbon frame. limited sizes...nothing too amazing, considering
    the flood of carbon frames these days. We went with Parlee for the time
    frame to get plus custom option. Pretty easy to make a non-UCI legal
    bike w/o compromising reliability these days either. just gotta bring
    yer wallet. BUT a 5 pound lighter bike, with a standard 175 pound rider
    and it really doesn't make that much difference unless yer either
    lifting it in the shop or putting it onto the top of your car.