Storck Road Bikes

mbousfie

Oct 23, 2006
I am considering purchasing the Storck 1.0 and have heard conflicting reports in relation to bottom bracket issues. Does anyone out there have any information or knowledge regarding this?

Storck builds a great bike. I have had the chance of riding one of their frames a year ago and I must say that my bike was perfect in every way. You will not be disappointed. They totally stand behind their bike builds should you ever encounter a problem. :rolleyes:

mbousfie said:
I am considering purchasing the Storck 1.0 and have heard conflicting reports in relation to bottom bracket issues. Does anyone out there have any information or knowledge regarding this?

Did you get the bike? :rolleyes:

mbousfie said:

No not yet for it is an important decision and i am waiting to get feed back if there is a potential problem.

[No I have not purchased the storck frame yet, for i am waiting for any replies from my question and you so far are the only person who has replied to my question.QUOTE=carbonguru]Did you get the bike? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

In the states Storck is not that well known. I do love their bikes. They design with purpose. Which is very important to me when selecting a frame. Each frame designed has a unique trait of Storck DNA. :rolleyes:

mbousfie said:
No not yet for it is an important decision and i am waiting to get feed back if there is a potential problem.

mbousfie said:
Have read a lot about them and owners rave about it. The top-of-the-line Scenario CD1.0 is sub-kilo CF frame and is a foundation for many lightweight build.

mbousfie said:
Have heard nothing about BB issues. It is a well respected brand that is well-known and makes good products. They are also well-liked on weightweenies.starbike.com, arguably a more ' technically savvy' forum.

I like the weightweenies forum. There are serious builders and riders on that site. Lots of great usable information. :rolleyes:

Powerful Pete said:
Have heard nothing about BB issues. It is a well respected brand that is well-known and makes good products. They are also well-liked on weightweenies.starbike.com, arguably a more ' technically savvy' forum.

WW is good, but it only applies to a tiny portion of what you want to know at any one time. Their threads aremuch more specific, like 'What bolts should I use on my Zero G boxxer cranks?'

Fair enough, the WWs are rather specific in their discussions, but there are a number of Storck owners/admirers, and given the general technical level on WW, that is something to note. :)

hd reynolds said:
Some nice ones. The CD 1.0 and 1.1 are CFs while the Pro is AL.
Thanks for the pictures, now when i'm building this bike would you use a campag group set or the new sram force??

bicycleboy11 said:
Have you purchased that new Storck yet?
No i have not purchased the stork as of yet, but for only one reason, and it is called the FASCENARIO , (790 grms and a STW value of 120 )
They are currently supplyiing one frame per dealer in every country around the world. After this they will commence building frames from 59cm back, and as I am a 52cm I believe I will have to wait around three months or so.
The Victorian dealer that I am going through is Daniel Nelms and his bike shop is called Rouleur (03)94198889, His store is the outlet for BMC and Storck, and it does not get any better than this.
So yes finially after all of this I am in line for a storck.

mbousfie said:
No i have not purchased the stork as of yet, but for only one reason, and it is called the FASCENARIO , (790 grms and a STW value of 120 )
They are currently supplyiing one frame per dealer in every country around the world. After this they will commence building frames from 59cm back, and as I am a 52cm I believe I will have to wait around three months or so.
The Victorian dealer that I am going through is Daniel Nelms and his bike shop is called Rouleur (03)94198889, His store is the outlet for BMC and Storck, and it does not get any better than this.
So yes finially after all of this I am in line for a storck.
WOW - nice! What is the approx price for that frame here in AUS?

roshea said:
WOW - nice! What is the approx price for that frame here in AUS?
Unfortunately I do not know but I am tipping the $5000-$6,000 AUS mark. May be talk to Daniiel from Rouleur, and he will be better able to give you a price. There is an excellent article on the CD 9 in the current issue of ride, unbelievable bike full campag record and zipps.
If you want to be completely blown away try www.poshbikes.com, this is the aldans cave for road bikes, and parts for they work in very closely with storck, but unfortunately they are located in the U.K but they can sell to you, for a price.

Thanks for the info. I have no reason to get another frame just now (very happy with the Scott CR1 SL @ ~880 grams), but am always curious about what's around!