Storing Peeled Garlic

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Kent_diego, Mar 6, 2004.

  1. Kent_diego

    Kent_diego Guest

    Hi All, I bought a huge jar of pealed garlic. I kept closed
    in refrigerator. Now it is looking wet as is covered in it's
    own oil. It is not looking as good as when fresh. What
    should I do with this garlic to keep it fresh? I have had
    for more than a month and only used 1/4 the jar.

    TIA, Kent

    Tags:

  2. Kent_Diego wrote:

    > Hi All, I bought a huge jar of pealed garlic. I kept
    > closed in refrigerator. Now it is looking wet as is
    > covered in it's own oil. It is not looking as good as
    > when fresh. What should I do with this garlic to keep it
    > fresh? I have had for more than a month and only used 1/4
    > the jar.
    >
    > TIA, Kent

    I use it just like it is. I buy the same stuff, and, while,
    like you said, it seems wet & oily, it still tases fine. I
    toss it after a couple months.