Strada Front Brake

Mike

Guest
The front brake on my Strada does not have a lot of panic stopping power. Has anyone done any
modifications to their front brake like better pads ?

I recently changed out my front fork to accept V-brakes and also put better V-brakes on the rear as
well. Now my braking is great. Good luck, Phil Wolfe

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 14:42:15 GMT, "Mike" <[email protected]> wrote:

>The front brake on my Strada does not have a lot of panic stopping power. Has anyone done any
>modifications to their front brake like better pads ?

I like the Koolstop salmon color brake pads. One time I had a pair of stock pads on one side of my
Trisled trike and Koolstop pads on the other. When I did a panic stop, the Koolstop side stopped so
much better that I spun 90 degrees before stopping.

I have Koolstop pads on my Bacchetta Aero too (I think it has the same brakes as your Strada -
both are listed as "Bacchetta dual pivot" on the catalogue). The difference isn't as dramatic as
on the trike, but I think it's still a little better than the stock pads. Also, with the stock pad
I had repeated problems with the brake pads scraping up the rim and accumiulating metal shavings,
which resulted in the rim getting even more ground up. Replacing the pads seems to have solved
this problem.