Strada Front Brake

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Mike, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    The front brake on my Strada does not have a lot of panic stopping power. Has anyone done any
    modifications to their front brake like better pads ?

    Tags:

  2. Phil Wolfe

    Phil Wolfe Guest

    I recently changed out my front fork to accept V-brakes and also put better V-brakes on the rear as
    well. Now my braking is great. Good luck, Phil Wolfe

  3. On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 14:42:15 GMT, "Mike" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >The front brake on my Strada does not have a lot of panic stopping power. Has anyone done any
    >modifications to their front brake like better pads ?

    I like the Koolstop salmon color brake pads. One time I had a pair of stock pads on one side of my
    Trisled trike and Koolstop pads on the other. When I did a panic stop, the Koolstop side stopped so
    much better that I spun 90 degrees before stopping.

    I have Koolstop pads on my Bacchetta Aero too (I think it has the same brakes as your Strada -
    both are listed as "Bacchetta dual pivot" on the catalogue). The difference isn't as dramatic as
    on the trike, but I think it's still a little better than the stock pads. Also, with the stock pad
    I had repeated problems with the brake pads scraping up the rim and accumiulating metal shavings,
    which resulted in the rim getting even more ground up. Replacing the pads seems to have solved
    this problem.