Strada Modifications

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Phil Wolfe

Just about to purchase a Strada frameset and I was wondering how people on this group have tweaked
out there bikes. Thanks in advance, Philip Wolfe

Phil if you haven't already, join the Bacchetta_Bikes yahoo group. Almost 90 Bacchetta owners. There
is a photo album of bikes that may give you some ideas
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Bacchetta_Bikes/ Denny in Sayre, Pa "Bent but not broken"
www.recumbentstuff.com

"Phil Wolfe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Just about to purchase a Strada frameset and I was wondering how people on this group have tweaked
> out there bikes. Thanks in advance, Philip Wolfe

Phil Wolfe <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Just about to purchase a Strada frameset and I was wondering how people on this group have tweaked

Modifications to my Strada to date include: changing out the rear derailer to an XTR to accomodate
an 11-32 Sram 9.0 cassette, changing out the stock wheels to 650 Velocity Aeroheads with AM Classic
hubs and Michelin Pro tires, switching to the narrower Bacchetta bars that come with the Aero,
shortening the sterring mast/riser by about two inches. The two remaining items that I would like to
change out are going to 165 cranks and the addition of the M5 hardshell seat. While the changes are
considerable, once completed I will really have the bike optimized for my use and still have it
somewhat reasonable in cost compared to some of the higher performance bikes out there. Good luck
with your Strada it is a great bike.

Pat McShane

PS: forgot to add the Fastback system that I have in place for the mesh seat but will also add for
the M5 seat....a really great system and from my perspective the best system out there for
these bikes.

Phil Wolfe <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

Modifications to my Strada to date include: changing out the rear derailer to an XTR to accomodate
an 11-32 Sram 9.0 cassette, changing out the stock wheels to 650 Velocity Aeroheads with AM Classic
hubs and Michelin Pro tires, switching to the narrower Bacchetta bars that come with the Aero,
shortening the sterring mast/riser by about two inches. The two remaining items that I would like to
change out are going to 165 cranks and the addition of the M5 hardshell seat. While the changes are
considerable, once completed I will really have the bike optimized for my use and still have it
somewhat reasonable in cost compared to some of the higher performance bikes out there. Good luck
with your Strada it is a great bike.

Pat McShane

PS: forgot to add the Fastback system that I have in place for the mesh seat but will also add for
the M5 seat....a really great system and from my perspective the best system out there for
these bikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.