Strada Rear Brake

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by mullison, Jun 26, 2003.

  1. mullison

    mullison New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2003
    Hi-

    So, I've had my Strada for almost a week. Love it. It's my first 'bent, and I decided to do it right.

    However, the back brake is well, mushy, and darn near irrelevant. I fiddled with adjusting it at the lever, but got no real results.

    Suggestions?

    Thanks,

    Peter

    Tags:

  2. Ken Kramer

    Ken Kramer Guest

    I'm surprised that someone who actually owns a Strata didn't respond to this. It is my
    understanding that the problem to which you are referring was common to some of the early Stratas
    and that Bacchetta is authorizing the replacement on some of the brake parts on the rear brake
    system. A friend of mine had this exact same problem and got it resolved. Call the dealer or the
    factory. Good luck.

    "mullison" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi-
    >
    > So, I've had my Strada for almost a week. Love it. It's my first 'bent, and I decided to do
    > it right.
    >
    > However, the back brake is well, mushy, and darn near irrelevant. I fiddled with adjusting it at
    > the lever, but got no real results.
    >
    > Suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Peter

  3. martinbs

    martinbs New Member

    Joined:
    May 7, 2003
    Pete,

    My solution in the Bacchetta Forum applied to my orange Strada. There may be some application to your Strada.

    Hope this helps,

    Martin