Strade Bianche

slovakguy

Mar 17, 2006
i have to admit that i really look forward to this race. coupled with the roma maxima this year and the ever interesting race to the sun, i really am glad that the racing has returned to europe.

anyone thinking that cancellara can keep the string going? is cadel going to have a return to his previous form rather than that disastrous form of last year? i will steer the safe course and go with cancellara on the top step and phinney having a better day for bmc than evans.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/strade-bianche-2013/start-list

I think it'll be Phinney or Sagan, but I wouldn't count out Evans. I don't have good feelings about Cancellara. I do reserve the right to be wildly wrong.

Your ecumenicism is a refreshing sign of a true fan. I'll go out on a limb and vote for a comeback by Alessandro Ballan.

Hats off to cannon dale for their one two finish. And for making a hash of my predictions. Cuddles had a good ride. Maybe he is back on form.

slovakguy said:
Hats off to cannon dale for their one two finish. And for making a hash of my predictions. Cuddles had a good ride. Maybe he is back on form.
I'd say all indications are that Sagan is in good form, too. He could do some damage in the Northern Classics.

orica green edge won yesterday in paris nice and tirreno adriatico simultaneously, are they going to keep their milan san remo crown ?

good question. too early for me to wager anything. all the teams appear to have their top riders ready for msr and the support riders to help make those early selections.

tirreno adriatico has had some interesting moments. cav's lead out train does not seem to be as well drilled as the one he once had, but he still has his own talents when at the front.

slovakguy said:
good question.  too early for me to wager anything.  all the teams appear to have their top riders ready for msr and the support riders to help make those early selections. tirreno adriatico has had some interesting moments.  cav's lead out train does not seem to be as well drilled as the one he once had, but he still has his own talents when at the front.
Yes, and look who lead across the line today. Sagan appears to be at least on form.

i feel sagan is letting this race go in favour of msr. c'dale, i believe, was hoping to put moser on the front for this one. just so, orica have been making quite an early season for themselves. too much, too soon and a future burn out in this lead up to the spring classics?

slovakguy said:
i feel sagan is letting this race go in favour of msr.  c'dale, i believe, was hoping to put moser on the front for this one.  just so, orica have been making quite an early season for themselves.  too much, too soon and a future burn out in this lead up to the spring classics?
I think Sagan will be a huge threat at MSR as well as the northern classics. I expect this to be his biggest year yet, but then expectations aren't the best predictors. I never expected lamb chops and tweed to come back.

today finally ritchie porte confirms his talent by winning Paris Nice, sky will be difficult to beat on stage races,