?Straight bladed forks verses Curved bladed forks?

9.8mps2 said:
EXCELLENT ! This shot just clicked something for me. The difference between the steering head angle (rake) and the angle of the blades illustrate offset - as I defined it in first post. I incorrectly stated bikes were not set up this way - not so ! This example would in effect replicate the practice of leading axle forks on m/c's ( quick steering but goood stability ). The opposite on m/c's would be "kicked in" or negative offset by setting up a steeper fork angle than the steering head angle - yielding some semblance of handling to a chopper with a raked and extended front end. m/c's effect this differently by varying the setback of the forks in the upper and lower triple clamps.
Old dogs might not learn new tricks, but they can recall some they forgot...
thanks,
mps
Just to correct the terms used mate - rake and offset mean the same thing in bicycling terms. Head angle is not rake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_fork

Fair go mate - after all , you can't expect a one - legged man to catch his own sheep !
We have come full circle in this protracted excercise in semantics...I'll side with my learned m/c colleagues on this one .
One more question, is Bigbananabike riding for Team Enzyte this year ? I can't help but notice the stiff increase in sales and a newfound swelling of pride in the corporation !

Crikey, look at the size of those forks ! And talk about stiff ! koo :eek: