Strange behavior - please help

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Alex Kaplunov, Mar 26, 2003.

  1. I have a very strange problem. About a month ago I got a new Fondriest Max Carb frame. It was great
    for the first three weeks. For the last week I've been getting this strange problem. Here is the

    If I ride sitting down everything is fine. When I stand up and accelerate for about 10 to 20 sec.
    and then sit back down the bike starts drifting to the left, then to the right. It goes back and
    forth like that for a while and a minute later it is normal again. I went to the bike shop and a few
    people have ridden the bike and the consensus seems to be that it is either the fork of the headset.

    Has anyone out these seen something like this? It makes it impossible for me to accelerate when I'm
    riding in the pack and also difficult to
    climb.

    Thanks for your help, Alex.

    Tags:

  2. kaplunov-<< Fondriest Max Carb frame. << and then sit back down the bike starts drifting to the
    left, then to the right. It goes back and forth like that for a while and a minute later it is
    normal again.

    << I went to the bike shop and a few people have ridden the bike and the consensus seems to be that
    it is either the fork of the headset.

    Or the frameset-i would check the frameset alignment and also try a ride with different wheels...i
    would say have the bike shop stand behind it, but according to Fondriest's latest adverts, bike
    shops are unneccasy 'bumps' in the buying process...why they went direct...

  3. Alan Walker

    Alan Walker Guest

    [email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > kaplunov-<< Fondriest Max Carb frame. << and then sit back down the bike starts drifting to the
    > left, then to the right. It goes back and forth like that for a while and a minute later it is
    > normal again.

    Drifting to the right then to the left? Hmmm... Check the ratio of dextrose to laevulose in
    your diet.