Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

strange Campagnolo Ergopower behaviour?

Started by geos · · Last activity · 4 posts · 702 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
8 February 2006
Last activity
9 February 2006
Original author
geos
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
702
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. hello,

    Today I visited my LBS to see a second-hand Campagnolo Record 10 ergos.
    They were without cables but in great condition. I tried to shift both
    ways up and down, and surprisingly noticed that while shifting up was
    10s, shifting down was only 6s.

    I asked the seller about it and he said that these shifters were in
    perfect condition but the cable must be inserted and tightened. Indeed,
    he put a cable into right ergopower, tighened it slightly in his hand
    and voila! the shifting was 10s up and down.

    my question is: is it normal? does such uneven behaviour when shifting
    up and down without cables mean anything about the shifter condition?
    the shifters look like new, were produced in 2005, and have about 1000km
    of riding. I have brand new Campagnolo Record 8s ergopower and without
    cable it shifts 8s without problem. does anybody experienced such
    behaviour of shifters?

    I would greatly appreciate your opinion about it.

    thanks,
    geos

  2. geos said:

    hello,

    Today I visited my LBS to see a second-hand Campagnolo Record 10 ergos.
    They were without cables but in great condition. I tried to shift both
    ways up and down, and surprisingly noticed that while shifting up was
    10s, shifting down was only 6s.

    I asked the seller about it and he said that these shifters were in
    perfect condition but the cable must be inserted and tightened. Indeed,
    he put a cable into right ergopower, tighened it slightly in his hand
    and voila! the shifting was 10s up and down.

    my question is: is it normal? does such uneven behaviour when shifting
    up and down without cables mean anything about the shifter condition?

    What you are seeing is the shifter shifting multile shifts, w/o
    noticing it in your hand, because of the big spring on the back,
    designed to make the shifting 'softer'. A slight push, w/o the aid of
    the rear der spring, makes it do that.Normal.

    Quoted message said:

    the shifters look like new, were produced in 2005, and have about 1000km
    of riding. I have brand new Campagnolo Record 8s ergopower and without
    cable it shifts 8s without problem. does anybody experienced such
    behaviour of shifters?

    I would greatly appreciate your opinion about it.

    thanks,
    geos

  3. geos said:

    hello,

    Today I visited my LBS to see a second-hand Campagnolo Record 10 ergos.
    They were without cables but in great condition. I tried to shift both
    ways up and down, and surprisingly noticed that while shifting up was
    10s, shifting down was only 6s.

    I asked the seller about it and he said that these shifters were in
    perfect condition but the cable must be inserted and tightened. Indeed,
    he put a cable into right ergopower, tighened it slightly in his hand
    and voila! the shifting was 10s up and down.

    my question is: is it normal? does such uneven behaviour when shifting
    up and down without cables mean anything about the shifter condition?

    Yes, I saw behavior like this right out of the box with new Ergo
    9speeds. Worked perfectly once I got the cables installed, and have
    continued to do so for the last 2.5 years.

    Mark

  4. Guys, thanks for yor answers, really helpful!

    cheers,
    geos

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.