Strange pains and getting rid of them

KellyT

Aug 20, 2006
Recently I have started getting pains at the back of my knees and at the back of my lower legs after riding. Even days after.

Previously I've never really had this problem. Certainly some leg aches for while, but not to this degree, or for such a long time.

I haven't changed my rides, or how I am riding, or my bikes. Any ideas?

Pains at the back of the knee are a classic sign of having your seat too high. Pain at the front of the knee, especially behind the kneecap, is a sign of having it too low.

j.r.hawkins said:
Pains at the back of the knee are a classic sign of having your seat too high. Pain at the front of the knee, especially behind the kneecap, is a sign of having it too low.
What about the inside of the knee - I often get pain on the inside of my left knee as well as up towards my groin and my hip area. On the occasions when I get hot foot/tingling foot symptoms it is also on this left side.

I use Specialized Body Geometry shoes with a stiff carbon sole and the blue insoles with Shimano Dura Ace Pedals. Saddle is Specialized Toupe and bike is Canyon F10 with Fulcrum Racing 1 wheels.

The right side never seems to bother me.

Article I did on hot foot may help scroll down on the page for the link

http://www.recoverydoc.net/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=63&Itemid=118

Denia said:
What about the inside of the knee - I often get pain on the inside of my left knee as well as up towards my groin and my hip area. On the occasions when I get hot foot/tingling foot symptoms it is also on this left side.

I use Specialized Body Geometry shoes with a stiff carbon sole and the blue insoles with Shimano Dura Ace Pedals. Saddle is Specialized Toupe and bike is Canyon F10 with Fulcrum Racing 1 wheels.

The right side never seems to bother me.