strange saddle mates

On Jun 25, 1:01 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/4ybo2z
>
> (picture of man riding "with bear behind")

Until I looked at the pics I thought this was just a case of typical
Usenet spelling and subject matter, "with BARE behind" seemed more
likely.
Silly me, I should have remembered that it is only in
rec.bicylces.RACING that mens bare behinds are the subject of so much
interest.

Bike, bike, bike, meow,
ABS

On Jun 26, 1:18 pm, Mark <[email protected]> wrote:
> Dane Buson wrote:
> > [email protected] wrote:
> >>http://tinyurl.com/4ybo2z

> >> (picture of man riding "with bear behind")

> > Well, it's certainly a better way to cycle with a bear than this poor
> > fellow managed:

> >http://tinyurl.com/3q7rm7
> >http://preview.tinyurl.com/3q7rm7

> Two important things I learned from this article :)
>
> 1) Rocky Mountain News knows what "road rash" is - I didn't think main
> stream media would use the term.

They would around here. What would the alternative be? Scrapes due
to sliding on pavement? Too wordy.

> 2) Bears are afraid of deer.

Or, deer are actually carnivores that feast on wounded prey. Four
legged vultures with big soulful eyes - no one would ever expect that,
right? So it must be.

On Jun 26, 10:18 am, Mark <[email protected]> wrote:
> Dane Buson wrote:
> > [email protected] wrote:

> > Well, it's certainly a better way to cycle with a bear than this poor
> > fellow managed:

> >http://tinyurl.com/3q7rm7
> >http://preview.tinyurl.com/3q7rm7

> Two important things I learned from this article :)
>
> 1) Rocky Mountain News knows what "road rash" is - I didn't think main
> stream media would use the term.

Lots of cyclists in Boulder County. Also, the motorcycle
contingent probably knows about road rash.

> 2) Bears are afraid of deer.

Deer are carrion eaters. The deer was probably
skulking along, checking to see if the bicyclist had
checked out.

Ben