Strange Shin Pain

M

Matt

Hello, this is my first time posting to this group. I started running last year with a few friends,
then stopped for a while. I've started back up, and since I started a year ago, I've had a strange
pain in my shin. It's really more strange than painful. A couple inches above my ankle, on the front
of the shin, I can feel a popping type feeling. It's almost like some tendon or muscle is there
snapping. I can feel it the most when I point my foot outward and then pull it back up towards the
shins. If I do this a couple times, it keeps popping, and leaves a persistant feeling for a few
minutes. When I am done running, my shins are tight. I want to make sure it's nothing serious. I
visited the sports clinic at my university, but they didn't seem very interested in helping. Any
advice on strengthing my shins and stretching them out so they aren't so tight? Any advice on what
this problem could be? Thanks.

-Matt

> back up, and since I started a year ago, I've had a strange pain in my shin. It's really more
> strange than painful. A couple inches above my ankle, on the front of the shin, I can feel a
> popping type feeling. It's almost like some tendon or muscle is there snapping. I can feel it the
> most when I point my foot outward and then pull it back up towards the shins. If I do this a
> couple times, it keeps popping, and leaves a persistant feeling for a few minutes. When I am done
> running, my shins are tight. I want to make sure it's nothing serious. I visited the sports
> clinic at my university, but they didn't seem very interested in helping. Any advice on
> strengthing my shins and stretching them out so they aren't so tight? Any advice on what this
> problem could be? Thanks.
>
According to the impressive reference at pponline, you can do something to help heal and prevent
shin splints and many other injuries.

http://www.pponline.co.uk/encyc/0161.htm

How to strengthen the lower parts of your legs, and prevent (or repair) shin splints problems

Try these MTSS-preventing exercises So what should you actually do to lower your risk of MTSS? Well,
simply utilize our shin-splint-preventing exercises, outlined below:
1. Wall Shin Raises. Simply stand with your back to a wall, with your heels about the length of your
feet away from the wall. Then, lean back until your buttocks and shoulders rest against the wall.
Dorsiflex both ...

>Hello, this is my first time posting to this group. I started running last year with a few friends,
>then stopped for a while. I've started back up, and since I started a year ago, I've had a strange
>pain in my shin. It's really more strange than painful. A couple inches above my ankle, on the
>front of the shin, I can feel a popping type feeling. It's almost like some tendon or muscle is
>there snapping. I can feel it the most when I point my foot outward and then pull it back up
>towards the shins. If I do this a couple times, it keeps popping, and leaves a persistant feeling
>for a few minutes. When I am done running, my shins are tight. I want to make sure it's nothing
>serious. I visited the sports clinic at my university, but they didn't seem very interested in
>helping. Any advice on strengthing my shins and stretching them out so they aren't so tight? Any
>advice on what this problem could be? Thanks.
>

The problem is you're an idiot.

Bill R.

=============> - -- - ( o ) ( o )
OO ?
>-----<