Strangest suntan?

majorhavoc

Apr 28, 2004
What's the strangest part of your suntan? I've got 3/4" diameter circles on the backs of both hands from my cycling gloves. They get more defined weekly. I get teased about it all the time. One of my riding parters has a tanned kneecap from an open patella knee brace.

Yeah, i wind up with the glove area tan too... also several different layers of tan on arms/back from various sleeveless/short sleeve jerzys.. i'm always afraid that i will come back with a tan line from my camelbak hose, yet it hasnt happened yet..

Originally posted by majorhavoc
What's the strangest part of your suntan? I've got 3/4" diameter circles on the backs of both hands from my cycling gloves. They get more defined weekly. I get teased about it all the time. One of my riding parters has a tanned kneecap from an open patella knee brace.

I get these too, though I've never been teased about it?!

Maybe you need to work on your witty retorts to avoid future
teasing? ;-)

I'm in Australia - we get lots of sun. I remember getting SERIOUSLY sunburnt riding without a top on in the middle of
summer. The backpack I was wearing left marks on my
shoulders and back for a year or more afterwards!

hippy

Helmet strap tan was my oddest tan. I don't even know how I got it last year since it's not a problem this year. I looked rather funny though.

Ive had some great ones from couriering...

- helmet strap tan on my neck
- panda eyes from sunglasses
- half finger tan from fingerless gloves
- tan marks on my forehead from sun coming through the vent holes on my helmet
- the little booties tan line from small cycling socks!

helmet strap for me as well. Everyone will asked me if I just shaved my sideburns. :)

The strangest tan mark i have had is a hand mark on my quad.

When i was racing in france last year, someone reached across and pushed my quad, when i got back i noticed a hand mark. i guess they must have had some sun tan lotion on their hand!

It caused much amusement back home in england

Not cycling related, but I saw a guy with a shaved head that had a half-circle tan right in the middle of his forehead - I finally figured out it came from wearing his ball cap backwards!

ah the good old tan from knee braces. i wore a knee brace when i had my tibial band syndrome ( well back when the stoopid ass docs were diagnosing it as anterior cruciate ligament .....) but anyhoo, i digress. one day at the drag races sitting in the sin, i got up from sitting to find that i had the WORST sunburn on my legs, except for where the brace is. It was so bad that in summer i was too embarased to go out in shorts cause it looked like i had a skin defect lol. its still there, but not as noticable, but it does make me laugh!! hehe

Legs: Tanned from ankle-height to just above my knees.

Right-arm: Tanned from mid-biceps to wrist plus finger-tan from glove.

Left-arm: Tanned from mid-biceps to edge of watch-strap - followed by 2cm tanned piece to top of glove plus finger-tan.

Face: Panda-eyes from shades and 3cm pearly white strip on fore-head thanks to helmet.

Conclusion: Too weird to be seen with any other clothes besides cycling-gear. Currently living as a recluse…
:D

I'm bald, I've had vent holes from the helmet on my head, along with the straps. Has to be my wierdist. Awsome photo btw Snick. Funny as

Originally posted by Stevedvg
Legs: Tanned from ankle-height to just above my knees.

Right-arm: Tanned from mid-biceps to wrist plus finger-tan from glove.

Left-arm: Tanned from mid-biceps to edge of watch-strap - followed by 2cm tanned piece to top of glove plus finger-tan.

Face: Panda-eyes from shades and 3cm pearly white strip on fore-head thanks to helmet.

Conclusion: Too weird to be seen with any other clothes besides cycling-gear. Currently living as a recluse…
:D

Lose the watch strap and thats exactly how my tan looks, except my legs are 2 shades up on my thighs since I have 2 different length cycling shorts. REAL dark, then dark, then pale :D

A kid sitting next to me in church once asked about a suntan spot just like that on my left hand. When he asked why I had it, I put my right hand next to it and said "I did it so both hands match. Now pay attention." LOL

To all with funny tan lines...

Wear them proudly!!! You deserve them because you earned them.