Strangest thing you've ever seen..

whilst on the cycle?

Has to be just behind the Celtic Supporters Club on the Route 75 in
Glasgow.

I seen a very old, fat guy shagging a girl about sixteen or something
in a sleazy looking car. She wasn't older than that. I cycled off very
quickly.

I also seen a deer around this place too. It looked straight at me. I
turned around and went back the way I came. Rather weird.

What about all of you?

On 20 Aug 2006 11:41:17 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>whilst on the cycle?

I once saw a bloke, who at first sight appeared to be completely
normal. The second or third time I saw him he's changed into some
kind of creature that dwells beneath a bridge.

Most odd.

Tim

In article <[email protected]>
<[email protected]> wrote:
> whilst on the cycle?
>
> Has to be just behind the Celtic Supporters Club on the Route 75 in
> Glasgow.
>
> I seen a very old, fat guy shagging a girl about sixteen or something
> in a sleazy looking car. She wasn't older than that. I cycled off very
> quickly.
>
> I also seen a deer around this place too. It looked straight at me. I
> turned around and went back the way I came. Rather weird.
>
> What about all of you?

I think it would be good if you turned around and went back the way you
came.

When I was in Paris, a saw an athletic looking man sitting backwards on
the handlebars and pedalling his touring bike at high speed along a
busy boulevard, occasionaly looking over his shoulder. Crazy French!

"Kinetic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> When I was in Paris, a saw an athletic looking man sitting backwards on
> the handlebars and pedalling his touring bike at high speed along a
> busy boulevard, occasionaly looking over his shoulder. Crazy French!

It does enable you to see what is about to run you down from behind.

--
Dave Lloyd
So open minded, my brains dribbled out.

Kinetic <[email protected]> wrote:

> When I was in Paris, a saw an athletic looking man sitting backwards on
> the handlebars and pedalling his touring bike at high speed along a
> busy boulevard, occasionaly looking over his shoulder. Crazy French!

Like Yossarian. Was he also naked and carrying a gun?

By the way you Google Groupers, do please learn to quote properly, won't
you?

Daniele

D.M. Procida wrote:
> By the way you Google Groupers, do please learn to quote properly, won't
> you?

it used to delete all the previous post if you clicked on the lower
"reply" rather than the "show options" one but seems to leave it all
now.

and it doesn't put the cursor anywhere so no reason to top-post

MartinM wrote:
> D.M. Procida wrote:
> > By the way you Google Groupers, do please learn to quote properly, won't
> > you?

> it used to delete all the previous post if you clicked on the lower
> "reply" rather than the "show options" one but seems to leave it all
> now.
>
> and it doesn't put the cursor anywhere so no reason to top-post

But it still inserts the insidious blank line at the top, which you
have to delete if you want to quote properly.

--
Dave...

Kinetic wrote:
> When I was in Paris, a saw an athletic looking man sitting backwards
> on the handlebars and pedalling his touring bike at high speed along a
> busy boulevard, occasionaly looking over his shoulder. Crazy French!

I have somewhere a photograph of the late Patrick Depailler doing this on a
BMX bike. But it's not just the French - I believe I have related the story
of how Jamie Tatlow discovered the hard way that SPD's don't release if you
clip in backwards...

Moreover, I recall a two-page spread in an early edition of "Bicycle Action"
about a chap yclept, IIRC, "Wrong-Way Wootton", whose heavily-laden bike
featured a plethora of mirrors enabling him to ride thus. The reason being
so he could watch television at the same time.

And yes, there /was/ a TV mounted where most people keep their saddle...

--
Dave Larrington
A complimentary biro(tm) is /not/ to be sniffed at.

david lloyd <[email protected]> whizzed past me shouting
>"Kinetic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> When I was in Paris, a saw an athletic looking man sitting backwards on
>> the handlebars and pedalling his touring bike at high speed along a
>> busy boulevard, occasionaly looking over his shoulder. Crazy French!
>>

>It does enable you to see what is about to run you down from behind.

I've seen a CTC member do that on a mountain bike, on a rough bridleway
with a barbed-wire fence along one side. He doesn't normally show off,
I don't know what got into him that day.

--
Sue ]8:))

Bicycle helmets are really a bit of a scam.
They make most cyclists slightly less safe but there's money in selling them.

Saw ME cycling towards ME!!!!

A guy with only a little less bulk than me, with a red specialized jersey (ditto), black and red gloves(ditto), his glasses had red lenses and I had orange, a white Pneumo (I had a white Atmos :p ) riding a Black Cannondale(ditto), not sure what model his was, with silver Cannondale decals (ditto)... Freaked me out :eek: :eek: :eek:

I don't think he even noticed me... or maybe he was scared to look.