Strategy for getting SWB up the stairs.

There is no way to carry a SWB upstair neatly, when there are people
around! If you don't have to ride off, when you get up stairs, find a place
to leave it downstair. I once got an extra key to the janitor's room,
problem solved.
"Kevin O'Neill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 20 Jul 2006 03:27:05 GMT, Zebee Johnstone <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>In alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent on Wed, 19 Jul 2006 13:56:20 -0400
>>sfb <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> Have you tried pushing it up and down the steps?
>>>

>>down works for me, up is more "stop, lift, stop, lift". Is slow and
>>difficult and damned annoying.
>>
>>If there are only 4 or 5 it would work, with 20, no way.
>>
>>If it's say 10 or 15, a long plank of wood as a ramp? Of course
>>storing it is a problem.

> Hey, don't I recognise you from r.s.fencing?
>
> To get my Corsa up the stairs I, er, pick it up. It balances right in
> front of the seat. How heavy is your bike?
>
> --
> Kevin
> and why are all these people top posting?

Ken Bradley TOP POSTED:
> There is no way to carry a SWB upstair neatly, when there are people
> around! If you don't have to ride off, when you get up stairs, find a place
> to leave it downstair. I once got an extra key to the janitor's room,
> problem solved.

After getting speared once or twice with the large chainring, they
should learn to stay out of your way, i.e. negative reinforcement.

--
Tom Sherman - Here, not there.

In alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent on 23 Sep 2006 14:25:41 -0700
Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ken Bradley TOP POSTED:
>> There is no way to carry a SWB upstair neatly, when there are people
>> around! If you don't have to ride off, when you get up stairs, find a place
>> to leave it downstair. I once got an extra key to the janitor's room,
>> problem solved.

> After getting speared once or twice with the large chainring, they
> should learn to stay out of your way, i.e. negative reinforcement.

Yeah, but cleaning the flesh off the ring is annoying, and if you
leave it on too long it smells.

Zebee