Strava users !!! have you noticed you need to turn on fly bys?

Mr. Beanz

Aug 18, 2015
Strava seems to be doing plenty of stuff to make things difficult. Why in the world would they do this? One of the main features of Strava is that a member can see others around them, points of where you cross paths etc.

WELL THEY TURNED OFF THE FLY BY FEATURE FOR ALL ATHLETES!!!

You need to go to your settings, find the fly by section and set it to "EVERYONE" so that others around can see you on the fly by as well as see others. I like to see where my friends were in relation to my ride. One of the fun features that keeps me coming back to Strava. Other than that, I'd probably just use Garmin Connect.

But anyway, silly to me to turn off everbody who uses Strava. Now everyone in the world will have to go reset it to everyone or they will not be seen on flybys.

Flybys are cool! Sometimes you think you're alone then plug in and find there were others around you whether it be 1, 2 or 3 people. I thought I was alone many times. Then on weekend rides, my trail rides I will see a couple hundred other riders and find that some of my friends were out there as well when I didn't know it.

Cool feature and there are some that don't want it on. I have about 2 friends who turned it off on their own out of 60 that I know. But otherwise, why would Strava force everyone to readjust their settings. Getting silly on Strava with their actions.

This was on my activity feed. Hardly noticeable and I missed it. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't see my flybys. Thought maybe they eliminated it like a few other features. But then found this after I had reset my settings. What a hassle they are causing.

I saw pass it along to your friends "IF" you enjoy seeing them on Strava.

I say "IF" because there is always going to be some sour stiff who says," I don't like Strava blah blah blah!". :D:confused::D

000flybyes.JPG

Reactions: steve