Streaming TdF ?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Woland99, Jun 26, 2008.

  1. Woland99

    Woland99 Guest

    That probably was covered few times before but is there a way to
    watch TdF over the Internet? Possibly for some not too steep fee?
    I do not have TV.

    Tags:

  2. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Woland99" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]m...
    > That probably was covered few times before but is there a way to
    > watch TdF over the Internet? Possibly for some not too steep fee?
    > I do not have TV.

    Go to a Sports Bar and get them to put it on one of their tubes.

  3. Woland99

    Woland99 Guest

    On Jun 26, 6:41 pm, "Tom Kunich" <[email protected] com> wrote:
    > "Woland99" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    > news:[email protected]m...
    >
    > > That probably was covered few times before but is there a way to
    > > watch TdF over the Internet? Possibly for some not too steep fee?
    > > I do not have TV.

    > Go to a Sports Bar and get them to put it on one of their tubes.

    Well yeah - but the idea would be to watch it at home - I work
    from home and could just put it on second monitor (don't tell
    my boss).

  4. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Woland99" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]m...
    > On Jun 26, 6:41 pm, "Tom Kunich" <[email protected] com> wrote:
    >> "Woland99" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>
    >> news:[email protected]m...
    >>
    >> > That probably was covered few times before but is there a way to
    >> > watch TdF over the Internet? Possibly for some not too steep fee?
    >> > I do not have TV.

    >> Go to a Sports Bar and get them to put it on one of their tubes.

    > Well yeah - but the idea would be to watch it at home - I work
    > from home and could just put it on second monitor (don't tell
    > my boss).

    Because of the way ACI has kept Astana, Levi and Contador I'm not paying any
    attention to the Tour de France this year. Instead I'm watching Giro
    d'Italia and el Vuelta Espana.

  5. On Jun 27, 12:16 am, "Tom Kunich" <[email protected] com> wrote:
    > "Woland99" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    > news:[email protected]m...
    >
    > > On Jun 26, 6:41 pm, "Tom Kunich" <[email protected] com> wrote:
    > >> "Woland99" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > >>news:[email protected]m....

    > >> Go to a Sports Bar and get them to put it on one of their tubes.

    > > Well yeah - but the idea would be to watch it at home - I work
    > > from home and could just put it on second monitor (don't tell
    > > my boss).

    > Because of the way ACI has kept Astana, Levi and Contador I'm not paying any
    > attention to the Tour de France this year. Instead I'm watching Giro
    > d'Italia and el Vuelta Espana.

    try some torrent sites; good ones will post daily coverage, might be a
    few hours wait, but free

  6. Tim McNamara

    Tim McNamara Guest

    In article <xIidnZR[email protected]>,
    "Tom Kunich" <[email protected] com> wrote:

    > "Woland99" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]m
    > > On Jun 26, 6:41 pm, "Tom Kunich" <[email protected] com> wrote:
    > >> "Woland99" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> news:[email protected]
    > >> com...

    > >> Go to a Sports Bar and get them to put it on one of their tubes.

    > > Well yeah - but the idea would be to watch it at home - I work from
    > > home and could just put it on second monitor (don't tell my boss).

    > Because of the way ACI has kept Astana, Levi and Contador I'm not
    > paying any attention to the Tour de France this year. Instead I'm
    > watching Giro d'Italia and el Vuelta Espana.

    You mean ASO (Amaury Sports Organization, the owners of the TDF,
    Paris-Nice, Paris-Roubaix and now half-owner of the Vuelta a España),
    right? The situation with Astana is absurd, even more absurd than last
    year's psychodrama that kept a team sponsored by a lottery from being
    able to race in most events (claiming that allowing them to race would
    break some obscure French law about gambling- while admitting several
    other teams sponsored by lotteries into the races!).

    In this case the ASO is punishing the sponsor- since the team
    organization and riders are basically 100% different than Astana 2007-
    and using them as a pawn in their pissing match with the UCI.
    Personally I think that the whole lot of them- ASO, UCI and all the
    other alphabet soup entities- can go hang. Professional bike racing has
    one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel, on its way to
    becoming the professional wrestling of Europe.

    None of this answers the OP's question, of course. We excel at this in
    r.b.t. So, Woland99, check the Eurosport Web site and see if they are
    again doing streaming Internet video of the Tour de France. Other
    options may include http://www.cycling.tv/