Streaming TdF ?

Woland99

Guest
That probably was covered few times before but is there a way to
watch TdF over the Internet? Possibly for some not too steep fee?
I do not have TV.

"Woland99" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> That probably was covered few times before but is there a way to
> watch TdF over the Internet? Possibly for some not too steep fee?
> I do not have TV.

Go to a Sports Bar and get them to put it on one of their tubes.

On Jun 26, 6:41 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> "Woland99" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > That probably was covered few times before but is there a way to
> > watch TdF over the Internet? Possibly for some not too steep fee?
> > I do not have TV.

> Go to a Sports Bar and get them to put it on one of their tubes.

Well yeah - but the idea would be to watch it at home - I work
from home and could just put it on second monitor (don't tell
my boss).

> On Jun 26, 6:41 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
>> "Woland99" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>> > That probably was covered few times before but is there a way to
>> > watch TdF over the Internet? Possibly for some not too steep fee?
>> > I do not have TV.

>> Go to a Sports Bar and get them to put it on one of their tubes.

> Well yeah - but the idea would be to watch it at home - I work
> from home and could just put it on second monitor (don't tell
> my boss).

Because of the way ACI has kept Astana, Levi and Contador I'm not paying any
attention to the Tour de France this year. Instead I'm watching Giro
d'Italia and el Vuelta Espana.

On Jun 27, 12:16 am, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> "Woland99" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > On Jun 26, 6:41 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> >> "Woland99" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> >> Go to a Sports Bar and get them to put it on one of their tubes.

> > Well yeah - but the idea would be to watch it at home - I work
> > from home and could just put it on second monitor (don't tell
> > my boss).

> Because of the way ACI has kept Astana, Levi and Contador I'm not paying any
> attention to the Tour de France this year. Instead I'm watching Giro
> d'Italia and el Vuelta Espana.

try some torrent sites; good ones will post daily coverage, might be a
few hours wait, but free

In article <[email protected]>,
"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:

> "Woland99" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > On Jun 26, 6:41 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> >> "Woland99" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >>
> >> news:[email protected].
> >> com...

> >> Go to a Sports Bar and get them to put it on one of their tubes.

> > Well yeah - but the idea would be to watch it at home - I work from
> > home and could just put it on second monitor (don't tell my boss).

> Because of the way ACI has kept Astana, Levi and Contador I'm not
> paying any attention to the Tour de France this year. Instead I'm
> watching Giro d'Italia and el Vuelta Espana.

You mean ASO (Amaury Sports Organization, the owners of the TDF,
Paris-Nice, Paris-Roubaix and now half-owner of the Vuelta a España),
right? The situation with Astana is absurd, even more absurd than last
year's psychodrama that kept a team sponsored by a lottery from being
able to race in most events (claiming that allowing them to race would
break some obscure French law about gambling- while admitting several
other teams sponsored by lotteries into the races!).

In this case the ASO is punishing the sponsor- since the team
organization and riders are basically 100% different than Astana 2007-
and using them as a pawn in their pissing match with the UCI.
Personally I think that the whole lot of them- ASO, UCI and all the
other alphabet soup entities- can go hang. Professional bike racing has
one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel, on its way to
becoming the professional wrestling of Europe.

None of this answers the OP's question, of course. We excel at this in
r.b.t. So, Woland99, check the Eurosport Web site and see if they are
again doing streaming Internet video of the Tour de France. Other
options may include http://www.cycling.tv/