Strecthing before/after muni-ing?

i just do some quick stretches (i forgot the name of it) to everything
from my stumach down, if you do those slow ones like in gym or
something those are for after a session, cause they are slow, and relax
you, and you want to be limber and blood pumping, ill find a link to it

--
Jerrick

I do stretches before even just a regular neighborhood ride. It helps
get that blood flowing and loosens your muscles a bit so I don't get
charlie horses all night after I come back inside. >< God I hate those.

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling Journal'
officially ended - currently in the process of preparing it for my free
webspace.
:cool:
'MR - Reply 40,000' (http://tinyurl.com/dwwy5)
dudewithasock's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10900

the doctor told me that if I don't stretch my legs after Muni I will be
in trouble.
I used to forget it: but now I do it before my shower (which I can't
forget:D ). Very simple and slow stretching.

As for "before" another doctor (a chiropractor) gave me exercises to
practice for the back: the problem is I have to lay with my back on the
floor... but these work very well for my spine.

--
wobbling bear

One Wheel : bear necessity
wobbling bear's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3716

I never stretch, i just get on and ride around on easy, and do hops and
what not. stuff then I start the real riding

--
Radical Reed

the sooner you fall behind means the more time there is to catch up;)

nobody reads these any more

'dead end' (C:\Documents and Settings\Main User\My Documents\My
Pictures\deasd end.bmp)
Radical Reed's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10427

terrybigwheel wrote:
> Probably doesn't hurt that your only 15 too!:cool:

yes, hehe, i forgot about that major factor:p

--

wobbling bear wrote:

> As for "before" another doctor (a chiropractor) gave me exercises to
> practice for the back: the problem is I have to lay with my back on the
> floor... but these work very well for my spine.

Trials unicycling is really hard on my back, the next day it hurts to
move and hopping just kills. I don't normally have a bad back, it's
just the corrective hopping of trials that messes it up. What warm-up
stuff do you do before riding?

--
UNIquelyCanadian

~Cameron
New Photos Added: _www.camerondonaldson.com__

"The state death takes you is the state eternity will keep you." -
Chad Searles
UNIquelyCanadian's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7524

UNIquelyCanadian wrote:
> Trials unicycling is really hard on my back, the next day it hurts to
> move and hopping just kills. I don't normally have a bad back, it's
> just the corrective hopping of trials that messes it up. What warm-up
> stuff do you do before riding?

Well my problem is very different: I do not have a "bad back" (I just
may get an element of my spine pinched out of others:) ) and I do not
practice jumps or trial (just simple Muni).
the warm up is pretty difficult to describe: I must lay on my back, the
whole back should stick to the floor and I must expire with belly
contracted back (pretty unusual).
with this basis: I try different movements, some in the axis of my body
some while twisting my body. The spine quickly finds the proper place
to stay and it's ok until the next nasty fall.

--
wobbling bear

One Wheel : bear necessity
wobbling bear's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3716

I've noticed my left arm get's sore after Muni because that's the
arm/hand I use to grab the handle. Good thing, I guess, because when
you break it down the muscle builds up bigger! :cool: Maybe I should
stretch before riding because I've never tried it. I will before the
33 mile Chilly Hilly ride (Feb 26, Bainbridge Island, WA), fo sho!

--
UniTyler

Part of the Muni ComMUNIty
UniTyler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120

I wouldn't call it a routine...but I stretch afterwards. sometimes
before.

--
James_Potter

i still believe that all you need is love...john lennon

mikael atkinson
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
*President of the 'MRIS' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)*, reply number
'50,000' (http://tinyurl.com/d5pmu) in the most replys thread

UniTyler wrote:
> I've noticed my left arm get's sore after Muni because that's the
> arm/hand I use to grab the handle. Good thing, I guess, because when
> you break it down the muscle builds up bigger! :cool:

you should switch hands sometime, otherwise your left arm will be huge
and your right arm will be little and puny.

--
James_Potter

i still believe that all you need is love...john lennon

mikael atkinson
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
*President of the 'MRIS' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)*, reply number
'50,000' (http://tinyurl.com/d5pmu) in the most replys thread

Could more of the responses include DESCRIPTIONS of stretches like for
the knees, calves, ankles, etc. and include how long you stretch? 10
minutes, 15 minutes, or so.

Middle age as brought forth a lot of dry tendons that are less
resilient. I have had problems with my arms and lately an
overstretched Achilles Tendon, that is s-l-o-w-l-y healing.

I miss my muni and fireroads aren't my bag even on a pimped out 29er.

All bee bock.

--
teachndad

Rod Wylie 'MountainUnicyclingLA.com'
(http://www.mountainunicyclingla.com)
'Greater Los Angeles Area Trails - Images'
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Greater-Los-Angeles-Trails)
'UnicycleRoundupLA.com/' (http://unicycleroundupla.com/)
teachndad's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/56

If you hit the ground you need all your tendons to be in good shape
because they take a lot of the impact. Unless you are a teenager,
tendons and ligaments need regular training to stay fit and strong.
Different types of stretching and relaxation exercises are good I
believe. My own favourite is taiji because it works on the whole body.

--
goldenchicken
goldenchicken's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8149

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 14:49:54 -0600, teachndad wrote:

>Middle age as brought forth a lot of dry tendons that are less
>resilient.

I'm 52. I don't stretch before or after a ride. The only thing I do it
take it easy in the first few minutes of a ride. I never have tendon
problems, and only rarely I have sore muscles. I guess I'm lucky.

Stretching is one of those things I keep forgetting to do... Along with
homework :D

--
evil-nick

Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
remain.

* Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

I'm late for checkers with the Dalai Lama!

My gallery:
http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
Our Club:
http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/