Strecthing before/after muni-ing?

terrybigwheel wrote:

> Just wondering how many of you, if any, do any kind of strecthing
> routine either before or after muni-ing, (or both) :) and if so, what
> do you do and for how long?

I would strongly recommend reading http://physiomonkey.blogspirit.com/
if you're interested in this kind of thing. It's a blog written by a
physio talking about injuries and such but with a juggling bent.

Specifically, go look at
http://physiomonkey.blogspirit.com/archive/2005/09/08/warm-ups-and-cool-downs.html

I quote: "there is NO evidence to show that warming-up reduces your risk
of injury. In fact there is far more evidence to show that it's a
complete waste of your time if injury avoidance is the main reason you
are doing it."

Cheers,

Roger

Klaas Bil wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 14:49:54 -0600, teachndad wrote:
>
> >Middle age as brought forth a lot of dry tendons that are less
> >resilient.

> I'm 52. I don't stretch before or after a ride. The only thing I do it
> take it easy in the first few minutes of a ride. I never have tendon
> problems, and only rarely I have sore muscles. I guess I'm lucky.

That's pretty much what I do- gentle riding seems to make a good
warm-up.

--
onewheeldave

"You can't outrun Death forever.