Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Street tires for my Karate Monkey?

Started by hansenator · · Last activity · 1 post · 943 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
14 February 2014
Last activity
14 February 2014
Original author
hansenator
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
943
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi all,

    I was hoping I could get your advice on buying some street tires for the Karate Monkey.

    I'm looking for something that rolls well and smooths out the bumps. Also wide enough that it won't look silly on a 29r frame. I'd like to be able to do some dirt riding but it will mostly be on the road. Weight is less of a concern, I'm assuming that any street tire will weigh less than the knobbies already on there?

    The Big Apples from Schwalb seem well-liked by some but not by others. The Marathons also look intriguing. My tire experience is pretty limited though so I really wanted to get people's advice.

    Thanks.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.