Street unicycle

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by president_luke, Nov 26, 2005.

  1. Hey, Im making a new street unicycle. Its going to have a thin tire and
    20" not 19" rim.

    These are the parts i have so far:

    Koxx-One 20" frame
    KH saddle
    CrMo Seatpost
    Koxx-One splined hub with 110mm cranks

    I dont know what rim to get, I'm deciding between a Oddysey 7-Ka, Alex
    supra J triple wall rim and a Sun black label rim.

    --
    president_luke
    president_luke's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11036

  2. ColDawG

    ColDawG Guest

    make sure you get the new KH low-profile fusion saddle! it's so
    awesome!!
    much thinner (if you're in to some seat out stuff) and tilted back more
    (without a rails bracket) for comfort :)
    I got mine from darren bedford on my new KH trials and love it!!!

    -colin

    --
    ColDawG

    Your friendly, neighborhood Muniman

    http://www.wheelaway.com/
    ColDawG's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9503

  3. > make sure you get the new KH low-profile fusion saddle! it's so
    > awesome!!
    > much thinner (if you're in to some seat out stuff) and tilted back more
    > (without a rails bracket) for comfort :)
    > I got mine from darren bedford on my new KH trials and love it!!!
    >
    > -colin

    I said I alredy have those parts, And I cut down the foam on it alredy.

    --
    president_luke
    president_luke's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11036

  4. ColDawG

    ColDawG Guest

    haha sorry, i got caught up in my excitement!!! yeah, cutting it down is
    good too.

    sounds like a cool uni
    i can't help u w/ rims, but theres a street rider on here who uses a
    20" (not a 19" trials) and loves a triple wall rim (general_dibbles i
    think)

    --
    ColDawG

    Your friendly, neighborhood Muniman

    http://www.wheelaway.com/
    ColDawG's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9503

  5. Evan Byrne

    Evan Byrne Guest

    Haha, your going to have the same unis as me. i have a Street uni, its
    20", Odyssey SevenK-A rim, koxx hub with 110 cranks, summit frame, kh
    seat, snafu pedals.

    i would go with teh sevenk-a rim if oyu have hte money, its 70 bucks
    but well worth it, its a very strong rim and also very light.

    --
    Evan Byrne

    "Guns cause crime like flies cause garbage." -Harper
    Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

  6. Evan Byrne

    Evan Byrne Guest

    If laced well im going to gues youe legs are going to break ona drop
    before your rim does...so....15 feet plus, this is a beefy as shit rim,
    its got 7 walls in it. i mean, i suppse if oyur 250 pounts and do it to
    flat with no roll out and a flat tire im sure you could bust it, but it
    certain procautions are taken it will hold to many many years of riding

    --
    Evan Byrne

    "Guns cause crime like flies cause garbage." -Harper
    Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

  7. Evan Byrne

    Evan Byrne Guest

  8. Evan Byrne wrote:
    > im pretty sure it as 7 walls, anyway, its alot.

    It is a double walled rim.

    --
    TheObieOne3226

    'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
    'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)
    'Arrow Racing' (http://www.arrowracing.com/)
    'Sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com)

    \"obie is definately a trend setter, i got in to unicycling because of
    him, and came here because of him\" - kj-52

    \"try not to annoy the great obie, for he is better than us.\" - murde
    mental

    *disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if
    you are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i
    don't feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where
    not everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
    criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.*

  9. Evan Byrne

    Evan Byrne Guest

    Ah, ahha, what the hell do i know, what do you call the walls that go
    verticaly in the rim? because its got like 8 cells inteh rim iv seen
    the draw out of it.