street unicycle

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by lucky_8, Mar 10, 2006.

  1. lucky_8

    lucky_8 Guest

    where does everyone that ride street ride. in my town cops are
    everywhere. they will also give you a ticket for anything. Put it
    this way my friend was walking to the skatepark the other day whith her
    skateboard o hr back pack and they gave her a tickt for possesion of a
    skateboard. the only place i have found so far is around my house, by
    my church, by my grandma's, and school. out of them four the only
    place that really has anything it the school. by my church and my
    grandma's there i like one set of steeps and right be for the top step
    there is a little wall you have to hop over. The wall is like a few
    inches tall and it confuses me every time.

    please help me find a good place to ride.

    --
    lucky_8

    life is a whole lot more fun when you live it on just one wheel.
    lucky_8's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11685

  2. lleberg

    lleberg Guest

    Omg, that's some really harsh police force..

    I was out riding late one night, a police van drove to me on the square
    i was on..
    "Nice ride! Have you seen any problems around here?"
    - "Not much, been here an hour"
    "Ok! Can you do anything flashy on that?"
    I made a rolling 180 and rode away backwards, the five cops gave me
    applause and jumped into their van and drove away :)

    I guess we have a little more layed back police..

    --
    lleberg

    I <3 my unicycle!
    lleberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8272

  3. lucky_8

    lucky_8 Guest

  4. lucky_8

    lucky_8 Guest

    to go along with mean cops. I have to go to court next wed. to tell
    about something that happened in football season. It was the boys
    fault that he wanted a red belly and a guy gave him one. He ended up
    going to the hospital and now his dad is sueing the school system and
    the other boy might get put in jail.

    --
    lucky_8

    life is a whole lot more fun when you live it on just one wheel.
    lucky_8's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11685

  5. James_Potter

    James_Potter Guest

    you should stand up for yourself, man...go unicycling, just don't do
    anything stupid like damaging property, and when they try to make you
    stop, say no. be like Rosa Parks!! you can be a martyr for an entire
    following of unicyclists. you'll be <i>famous</i>. you'll end up on
    CNN, with the headline, Unicyclist Beaten to Death by Policemen...it'll
    be sweet.

    --
    James_Potter

    i still believe that all you need is love...john lennon

    mikael atkinson
    mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
    *President of the 'MRIS' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)*

  6. Fuego

    Fuego Guest

    James_Potter wrote:
    > you'll end up on CNN, with the headline, Unicyclist Beaten to Death by
    > Policemen...it'll be sweet.

    my sig.

    --
    Fuego

    James_Potter wrote:
    > you'll end up on CNN, with the headline, Unicyclist Beaten to Death by
    > Policemen...it'll be sweet.

    Fuego's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6983

  7. monkeyman

    monkeyman Guest

  8. swarbrim

    swarbrim Guest

    I have only breifly skimmed over this but, i dont believe you at all.
    They might have given him/her a ticket for riding but definatly not for
    just walking.

    Mike

    --
    swarbrim

    :D add me at [email protected]

    "I know how you feel. I live in England, and I was given a raincoat for
    Christmas three years ago, and I still haven't had chance to use it. "
    -- Mike Fule
    swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

  9. maestro8

    maestro8 Guest

    You're just gonna have to scope out where the cops are (don't try
    anything that'll get you a ticket, but ride around and see where you
    see cops most often. Then avoid those spots. It might take a little
    while but I guarantee you every town has some place where you can ride
    a while without being hassled.

    Talk to skateboarders and find out where they ride... skateboarders get
    hassled the most, so they'll be the first to find good riding spots...
    and who knows you might make some four-wheeled street riding friends :)

    --
    maestro8

    Groucho Marx

  10. lucky_8

    lucky_8 Guest

  11. Huh, that's crazy. My town doesn't even have any local police force
    whatsoever. But in the nearby city were I ride, the only police you see
    is the highway patrol, and they're just...normal police.

    So, your town does have a skatepark? The police will let people
    skateboard there right? So unicycle there. And make some skateoard
    friends, like maestro said.

    --
    forrestunifreak

    *'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)*-updated

    For 15% off your first order of Hammer Nutrition Products go to
    http://www.e-caps.com/affiliates/82904

  12. joshuni

    joshuni Guest

    you have to be kidding lucky8. you mean i'm about to move to a place
    where i can get a ticket for riding...poop. well, does anyone know an
    expirienced unicycle lawyer, cause i'm gonna need one about 2 days
    after i arrive.

    --
    joshuni

    "and try not to worry about hurting yourself, because if you really
    cared that much then you wouldn't be riding around on a wheel. :p"
    -spudman
    joshuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11670

  13. We've had cops stop twice at our training area, it's an old hospital
    building, (currently getting new residents) it used to be empty, so
    there was no harm in riding there, the whole place is a wreck anyway.

    Once they stopped to ask what we were doing
    -> UNICYCLING!!

    The second time they stopped to say it was cool..

    Then again, I've also had some cops tell you're not allowed to ride a
    bicycle through the park, I pointed out there wasn't a bicycle to be
    seen anywhere. Got off tho, for the whole length of 10 meters!...
    bastards.

    Yes.

    Dustin

    --
    DustinMichels

    Biologically speaking, if something bites you it's more likely to be
    female. - Desmond Morris

    If you try and don't succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie. -
    Rask

    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's
    too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

    I can resist everything except temptation. - Oscar Wilde
    DustinMichels's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10289

  14. sparrowhawk

    sparrowhawk Guest

  15. lucky_8

    lucky_8 Guest

    forrestunifreak wrote:
    > Huh, that's crazy. My town doesn't even have any local police force
    > whatsoever. But in the nearby city were I ride, the only police you see
    > is the highway patrol, and they're just...normal police.
    >

    > So, your town does have a skatepark? The police will let people
    > skateboard there right? So unicycle there. And make some skateoard
    > friends, like maestro said.

    they only let skaers in and no bmxers or unicyclist and a lot of my
    friedns are skaters so i moight give it a try they might be able to get
    me in.

    --
    lucky_8

    life is a whole lot more fun when you live it on just one wheel.
    lucky_8's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11685

  16. lucky_8

    lucky_8 Guest

    joshuni wrote:
    > you have to be kidding lucky8. you mean i'm about to move to a place
    > where i can get a ticket for riding...poop. well, does anyone know an
    > expirienced unicycle lawyer, cause i'm gonna need one about 2 days
    > after i arrive.

    i have only seen like one or two but i dont ride down town were all the
    good stuff is. i am still trying to get us a ride together some where
    where there is any cops. thats why in that pm I sent i told you about
    that skatepark in ashville.

    --
    lucky_8

    life is a whole lot more fun when you live it on just one wheel.
    lucky_8's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11685

  17. tdwps2

    tdwps2 Guest

  18. lucky_8

    lucky_8 Guest

    tdwps2 wrote:
    > where do u live anyway

    marion north Carolina.

    if you don't know where that it it is really close to ashville North
    Carolina and is in the united states

    --
    lucky_8

    life is a whole lot more fun when you live it on just one wheel.
    lucky_8's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11685

  19. tomsey

    tomsey Guest

    lucky_8 wrote:
    > where does everyone that ride street ride. in my town cops are
    > everywhere. they will also give you a ticket for anything. Put it
    > this way my friend was walking to the skatepark the other day whith her
    > skateboard o hr back pack and they gave her a tickt for possesion of a
    > skateboard. the only place i have found so far is around my house, by
    > my church, by my grandma's, and school. out of them four the only
    > place that really has anything it the school. by my church and my
    > grandma's there i like one set of steeps and right be for the top step
    > there is a little wall you have to hop over. The wall is like a few
    > inches tall and it confuses me every time.
    >
    > please help me find a good place to ride.

    how about australia?

    --
    tomsey

    damn you, damn the brocholli and damn the wright brothers!
    tomsey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7038