street unicycle

lucky_8

Guest
where does everyone that ride street ride. in my town cops are
everywhere. they will also give you a ticket for anything. Put it
this way my friend was walking to the skatepark the other day whith her
skateboard o hr back pack and they gave her a tickt for possesion of a
skateboard. the only place i have found so far is around my house, by
my church, by my grandma's, and school. out of them four the only
place that really has anything it the school. by my church and my
grandma's there i like one set of steeps and right be for the top step
there is a little wall you have to hop over. The wall is like a few
inches tall and it confuses me every time.

please help me find a good place to ride.

--
lucky_8

life is a whole lot more fun when you live it on just one wheel.
lucky_8's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11685

Omg, that's some really harsh police force..

I was out riding late one night, a police van drove to me on the square
i was on..
"Nice ride! Have you seen any problems around here?"
- "Not much, been here an hour"
"Ok! Can you do anything flashy on that?"
I made a rolling 180 and rode away backwards, the five cops gave me
applause and jumped into their van and drove away :)

I guess we have a little more layed back police..

--
lleberg

I <3 my unicycle!
lleberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8272

to go along with mean cops. I have to go to court next wed. to tell
about something that happened in football season. It was the boys
fault that he wanted a red belly and a guy gave him one. He ended up
going to the hospital and now his dad is sueing the school system and
the other boy might get put in jail.

--
lucky_8

life is a whole lot more fun when you live it on just one wheel.
lucky_8's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11685

you should stand up for yourself, man...go unicycling, just don't do
anything stupid like damaging property, and when they try to make you
stop, say no. be like Rosa Parks!! you can be a martyr for an entire
following of unicyclists. you'll be <i>famous</i>. you'll end up on
CNN, with the headline, Unicyclist Beaten to Death by Policemen...it'll
be sweet.

--
James_Potter

i still believe that all you need is love...john lennon

mikael atkinson
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
*President of the 'MRIS' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)*

James_Potter wrote:
> you'll end up on CNN, with the headline, Unicyclist Beaten to Death by
> Policemen...it'll be sweet.

my sig.

--
Fuego

James_Potter wrote:
> you'll end up on CNN, with the headline, Unicyclist Beaten to Death by
> Policemen...it'll be sweet.

Fuego's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6983

I have only breifly skimmed over this but, i dont believe you at all.
They might have given him/her a ticket for riding but definatly not for
just walking.

Mike

--
swarbrim

:D add me at [email protected]

"I know how you feel. I live in England, and I was given a raincoat for
Christmas three years ago, and I still haven't had chance to use it. "
-- Mike Fule
swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

You're just gonna have to scope out where the cops are (don't try
anything that'll get you a ticket, but ride around and see where you
see cops most often. Then avoid those spots. It might take a little
while but I guarantee you every town has some place where you can ride
a while without being hassled.

Talk to skateboarders and find out where they ride... skateboarders get
hassled the most, so they'll be the first to find good riding spots...
and who knows you might make some four-wheeled street riding friends :)

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

Huh, that's crazy. My town doesn't even have any local police force
whatsoever. But in the nearby city were I ride, the only police you see
is the highway patrol, and they're just...normal police.

So, your town does have a skatepark? The police will let people
skateboard there right? So unicycle there. And make some skateoard
friends, like maestro said.

--
forrestunifreak

*'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)*-updated

For 15% off your first order of Hammer Nutrition Products go to
http://www.e-caps.com/affiliates/82904

you have to be kidding lucky8. you mean i'm about to move to a place
where i can get a ticket for riding...****. well, does anyone know an
expirienced unicycle lawyer, cause i'm gonna need one about 2 days
after i arrive.

--
joshuni

"and try not to worry about hurting yourself, because if you really
cared that much then you wouldn't be riding around on a wheel. :p"
-spudman
joshuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11670

We've had cops stop twice at our training area, it's an old hospital
building, (currently getting new residents) it used to be empty, so
there was no harm in riding there, the whole place is a wreck anyway.

Once they stopped to ask what we were doing
-> UNICYCLING!!

The second time they stopped to say it was cool..

Then again, I've also had some cops tell you're not allowed to ride a
bicycle through the park, I pointed out there wasn't a bicycle to be
seen anywhere. Got off tho, for the whole length of 10 meters!...
bastards.

Yes.

Dustin

--
DustinMichels

Biologically speaking, if something bites you it's more likely to be
female. - Desmond Morris

If you try and don't succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie. -
Rask

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's
too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

I can resist everything except temptation. - Oscar Wilde
DustinMichels's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10289

forrestunifreak wrote:
> Huh, that's crazy. My town doesn't even have any local police force
> whatsoever. But in the nearby city were I ride, the only police you see
> is the highway patrol, and they're just...normal police.
>

> So, your town does have a skatepark? The police will let people
> skateboard there right? So unicycle there. And make some skateoard
> friends, like maestro said.

they only let skaers in and no bmxers or unicyclist and a lot of my
friedns are skaters so i moight give it a try they might be able to get
me in.

--

joshuni wrote:
> you have to be kidding lucky8. you mean i'm about to move to a place
> where i can get a ticket for riding...****. well, does anyone know an
> expirienced unicycle lawyer, cause i'm gonna need one about 2 days
> after i arrive.

i have only seen like one or two but i dont ride down town were all the
good stuff is. i am still trying to get us a ride together some where
where there is any cops. thats why in that pm I sent i told you about
that skatepark in ashville.

--

lucky_8 wrote:
> where does everyone that ride street ride. in my town cops are
> everywhere. they will also give you a ticket for anything. Put it
> this way my friend was walking to the skatepark the other day whith her
> skateboard o hr back pack and they gave her a tickt for possesion of a
> skateboard. the only place i have found so far is around my house, by
> my church, by my grandma's, and school. out of them four the only
> place that really has anything it the school. by my church and my
> grandma's there i like one set of steeps and right be for the top step
> there is a little wall you have to hop over. The wall is like a few
> inches tall and it confuses me every time.
>
> please help me find a good place to ride.

how about australia?

--
tomsey

damn you, damn the brocholli and damn the wright brothers!
tomsey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7038