StreetMachine measurement..

garryb59

Guest
Has anybody a tape measure and a StreetMachine handy?

I'd appreciate the knowing of the distance between tops of the
handlebars [where the bar end shifters are]. I'm currently trying to
sort out the steering on my homebuild and am slightly concerned that,
by current estimations, the bars look a bit 'wide'. Paradoxically, the
issue of turning radius is of no concern as the steering, although
underseat, is of a 'lever' type design, so I can afford to have the
bars a bit closer to the seat, but they still look to be 'sticking
out' a bit to me.

Anyway, would be useful to know.

Many thanks
Garry

garryb59 <[email protected]> writes:

>Has anybody a tape measure and a StreetMachine handy?

>I'd appreciate the knowing of the distance between tops of the
>handlebars [where the bar end shifters are]. I'm currently trying to
>sort out the steering on my homebuild and am slightly concerned that,
>by current estimations, the bars look a bit 'wide'. Paradoxically, the
>issue of turning radius is of no concern as the steering, although
>underseat, is of a 'lever' type design, so I can afford to have the
>bars a bit closer to the seat, but they still look to be 'sticking
>out' a bit to me.

Streetmachine 56 cm, Fiero 57 cm. Both centre to centre.

Roos

On 19 Sep 2004 14:44:18 GMT, Roos Eisma <[email protected]> wrote:

>garryb59 <[email protected]> writes:
>

>>Has anybody a tape measure and a StreetMachine handy?

>>I'd appreciate the knowing of the distance between tops of the
>>handlebars [where the bar end shifters are]. I'm currently trying to
>>sort out the steering on my homebuild and am slightly concerned that,
>>by current estimations, the bars look a bit 'wide'. Paradoxically, the
>>issue of turning radius is of no concern as the steering, although
>>underseat, is of a 'lever' type design, so I can afford to have the
>>bars a bit closer to the seat, but they still look to be 'sticking
>>out' a bit to me.

>Streetmachine 56 cm, Fiero 57 cm. Both centre to centre.

There's a quick response. Many thanks.

Garry

garryb59 wrote:

>>Streetmachine 56 cm, Fiero 57 cm. Both centre to centre.

> There's a quick response. Many thanks.

What would be /really/ cool is if I asked about the same for a Trice
Monster, Roos popped out to the garage to check, found said Monster in
there, measured it and let everyone know. /And/ it was still in there
next time we looked! ;-)

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

On 20/9/04 8:55 am, in article [email protected], "Peter Clinch"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> garryb59 wrote:
>
>>> Streetmachine 56 cm, Fiero 57 cm. Both centre to centre.

>> There's a quick response. Many thanks.

> What would be /really/ cool is if I asked about the same for a Trice
> Monster, Roos popped out to the garage to check, found said Monster in
> there, measured it and let everyone know. /And/ it was still in there
> next time we looked! ;-)

Is that a squadron of flying pigs I see banking into the sun over Dundee?

...d

David Martin <[email protected]> writes:

>On 20/9/04 8:55 am, in article [email protected], "Peter Clinch"
><[email protected]> wrote:

>> What would be /really/ cool is if I asked about the same for a Trice
>> Monster, Roos popped out to the garage to check, found said Monster in
>> there, measured it and let everyone know. /And/ it was still in there
>> next time we looked! ;-)

>Is that a squadron of flying pigs I see banking into the sun over Dundee?

Let me also remind Pete that I'm a student again now so all he can expect
for Xmas is a hand knitted scarf... :)

Roos