Stress

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Erin Marsh, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Erin Marsh

Erin Marsh Guest

Life keeps handing me stressful situations, which aren't all that great for keeping me on points.

I had to spend last night in hospital, and I'm sure you all know what hospital food is like. My
    daughter got her finger caught in a door yesterday afternoon, resulting in the top of her finger,
    from slightly higher than the base of her nail, being almost entirely ripped off. She had to have
    surgery to repair it and they kept her in hospital overnight to make sure she recovered from the
    general anesthetic.

She's fine now, resting happily on the couch with her favourite videos and DVD's. I however, could
    use some sleep and a little less stress in my life...lol...
    --
    Erin in NZ
    125/89/75 kgs
    125.89/1/165 lbs

RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)

"It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

Tags:

2. Krys

Krys Guest

Aw - & ick! I hope she's feeling better soon. Parenting sure is stressful
    isn't it? :)

--
    krys

UK 157/129.6/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

"Erin Marsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Life keeps handing me stressful situations, which aren't all that great for keeping me on points.
    >
    > I had to spend last night in hospital, and I'm sure you all know what hospital food is like. My
    > daughter got her finger caught in a door yesterday afternoon, resulting in the top of her finger,
    > from slightly higher than the base of her nail, being almost entirely ripped off. She had to have
    > surgery to repair it and they kept her in hospital overnight to make sure she recovered from the
    > general anesthetic.
    >
    > She's fine now, resting happily on the couch with her favourite videos and DVD's. I however, could
    > use some sleep and a little less stress in my life...lol...
    > --
    > Erin in NZ
    > 125/89/75 kgs
    > 275.3/196/165 lbs
    >
    > RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)

3. Kate Dicey

Kate Dicey Guest

Erin Marsh wrote:

> Life keeps handing me stressful situations, which aren't all that great for keeping me on points.
    >
    > I had to spend last night in hospital, and I'm sure you all know what hospital food is like. My
    > daughter got her finger caught in a door yesterday afternoon, resulting in the top of her finger,
    > from slightly higher than the base of her nail, being almost entirely ripped off. She had to have
    > surgery to repair it and they kept her in hospital overnight to make sure she recovered from the
    > general anesthetic.
    >
    > She's fine now, resting happily on the couch with her favourite videos and DVD's. I however, could
    > --

I can deeply sympathize! I once stapled a box to my thumb - staple went right through the nail and
    into the bone! AKK! And my dad lost the tip of one finger twice - yes, managed to get the ring
    finger of his left hand shut in the nose cone door of a Canberra PR9 twice! That one was half an
    inch shorter than it should have been.

Give her some ((((((HUGS)))))) of sympathy and a cyber chocolate button or three!

Kate (Sig line AWOL!)

4. Skiur

Skiur Guest

How about a bath with scented bubble bath and candles?

Take care of yourself.

Julie

>
    > general anesthetic.
    >
    > --
    > Erin in NZ
    > 125/89/75 kgs
    > 275.3/196/165 lbs
    >
    >
    > "It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

5. Connie

Connie Guest

Erin Marsh wrote:
    >
    > general anesthetic.
    >

Ouch!! I'm glad everything is okay!! Get some sleep mom!!

--

Cheers,

Connie Walsh

241.5/202/155 RAFL 210.5/202/198.5

6. Fred

Fred Guest

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's injury. I hope she heals fast and painfree. Take care and
    all the best.

Fred

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:37:33 +1300, Erin Marsh <[email protected]> wrote:

>Life keeps handing me stressful situations, which aren't all that great for keeping me on points.
    >
    >I had to spend last night in hospital, and I'm sure you all know what hospital food is like. My
    >daughter got her finger caught in a door yesterday afternoon, resulting in the top of her finger,
    >from slightly higher than the base of her nail, being almost entirely ripped off. She had to have
    >surgery to repair it and they kept her in hospital overnight to make sure she recovered from the
    >general anesthetic.
    >
    >She's fine now, resting happily on the couch with her favourite videos and DVD's. I however, could
    >use some sleep and a little less stress in my life...lol...

7. Erin Marsh

Erin Marsh Guest

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 23:10:03 -0000, "krys" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

>Aw - & ick! I hope she's feeling better soon.

Thanks Krys. She's doing really well. She's running around like a mad thing and has refused all pain
    relief. Kids are so resilient. She even told me yesterday that she had fun in hospital.

> Parenting sure is stressful isn't it? :)

It can be, yup. I guess the stressful times make us appreciate the good times more.

--
    Erin in NZ
    125/89/75 kgs
    125.89/1/165 lbs

8. Erin Marsh

Erin Marsh Guest

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 23:38:30 +0000, Kate Dicey
    <[email protected]> wrote:

>I can deeply sympathize! I once stapled a box to my thumb - staple went right through the nail and
    >into the bone! AKK! And my dad lost the tip of one finger twice - yes, managed to get the ring
    >finger of his left hand shut in the nose cone door of a Canberra PR9 twice! That one was half an
    >inch shorter than it should have been.

I'm sorry but I had to laugh about your dads finger. Cassidy's finger should be fine but they won't
    know for sure until next week. There's still a slight possibility that she'll have to go back into
    surgery and have the tip removed.
    >
    >Give her some ((((((HUGS)))))) of sympathy and a cyber chocolate button or three!

Thanks Kate. She thinks it's fun so I don't know if she needs any sympathy...lol...

--
    Erin in NZ
    125/89/75 kgs
    125.89/1/165 lbs

9. Erin Marsh

Erin Marsh Guest

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 18:25:37 -0600, "skiur" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

>How about a bath with scented bubble bath and candles?

No time for things like that I'm afraid. Thanks anyway. I'm fine now that we're home and I've had a
    good nights sleep.
    >
    >Take care of yourself.

Thanks Julie :)

--
    Erin in NZ
    125/89/75 kgs
    125.89/1/165 lbs

10. Erin Marsh

Erin Marsh Guest

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 21:22:03 -0500, Connie
    <[email protected]_primus.ca> wrote:

>Ouch!! I'm glad everything is okay!! Get some sleep mom!!

Thanks Connie. I had a great sleep last night. Hubby let me sleep late as well so I'm feeling rested
    and ready to tackle what the day brings.

--
    Erin in NZ
    125/89/75 kgs
    125.89/1/165 lbs

11. Erin Marsh

Erin Marsh Guest

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 19:08:33 -0800, Fred <[email protected]>
    wrote:

>I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's injury. I hope she heals fast and painfree. Take care and
    >all the best.

Thanks Fred. She's doing really well. Apart from the bandaging you'd never know she'd had an injury
    from the way she's acting. She's right back to her 4 year old bratty self...lol...

--
    Erin in NZ
    125/89/75 kgs
    125.89/1/165 lbs

12. Laura

Laura Guest

Ouch....Give your daughter a big hug for me. Here's one for you too {{{{Erin}}}}

>
    > general anesthetic.
    >
    > --
    > Erin in NZ
    > 125/89/75 kgs
    > 275.3/196/165 lbs
    >
    >

13. I am soo sorry, Lee
    Erin Marsh <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    > general anesthetic.
    >
    > --
    > Erin in NZ
    > 125/89/75 kgs
    > 275.3/196/165 lbs
    >
    >

14. OUCH! I'm glad she's better. I hope you can get some relief now too.

Prairie Roots On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:37:33 +1300, Erin Marsh <[email protected]> wrote:

>Life keeps handing me stressful situations, which aren't all that great for keeping me on points.
    >
    >I had to spend last night in hospital, and I'm sure you all know what hospital food is like. My
    >daughter got her finger caught in a door yesterday afternoon, resulting in the top of her finger,
    >from slightly higher than the base of her nail, being almost entirely ripped off. She had to have
    >surgery to repair it and they kept her in hospital overnight to make sure she recovered from the
    >general anesthetic.
    >
    >She's fine now, resting happily on the couch with her favourite videos and DVD's. I however, could

15. Joyce

Joyce Guest

Oh my Erin, how horrible for you and your daughter!!! I do hope she is feeling much better (as well
    as you) and recovers quickly. My best to both of you.

Joyce

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:37:33 +1300, Erin Marsh <[email protected]> wrote:

>
    >general anesthetic.
    >

16. Hi, Erin, Big hug to you and your daughter. I'm glad everything seems to be good.

--
    Take Care Catherine
    154/132.8/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 132

> On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 23:10:03 -0000, "krys" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Aw - & ick! I hope she's feeling better soon.
    >
    > Thanks Krys. She's doing really well. She's running around like a mad thing and has refused all
    > pain relief. Kids are so resilient. She even told me yesterday that she had fun in hospital.
    >
    > > Parenting sure is stressful isn't it? :)
    >
    > It can be, yup. I guess the stressful times make us appreciate the good times more.
    >
    > --
    > Erin in NZ
    > 125/89/75 kgs
    > 275.3/196/165 lbs
    >
    >

17. Erin Marsh

Erin Marsh Guest

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 00:10:58 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

>Ouch....Give your daughter a big hug for me. Here's one for you too {{{{Erin}}}}

Thanks Laura. She's doing really well, although we have to take her back to see the surgeon
    tomorrow. Then we should know whether she'll still have feeling etc.

--
    Erin in NZ
    125/89/75 kgs
    125.89/1/165 lbs

18. Erin Marsh

Erin Marsh Guest

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 00:52:19 -0600, "Miss Violette"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

>I am soo sorry, Lee

Thanks Lee :)

--
    Erin in NZ
    125/89/75 kgs
    125.89/1/165 lbs

19. Erin Marsh

Erin Marsh Guest

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 09:04:49 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]>
    wrote:

>OUCH! I'm glad she's better. I hope you can get some relief now too.

Thanks PR. I'm finally doing something I've wanted to do for years, which gets me some time for
    myself. I think I need it ;-)

--
    Erin in NZ
    125/89/75 kgs
    125.89/1/165 lbs

20. Erin Marsh

Erin Marsh Guest

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 03:07:20 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:

>Oh my Erin, how horrible for you and your daughter!!! I do hope she is feeling much better (as well
    >as you) and recovers quickly. My best to both of you.

Thanks Joyce. She's healing nicely. The surgeon thinks she won't even have a scar to show for it.

--
    Erin in NZ
    125/89/75 kgs
    125.89/1/165 lbs