Stretching for Cycling

Andrepaul

Sep 15, 2004
I'm trying to increase my flexibility in order to be more comfortable and strong in the aero positon when riding my road bike. Can I get recommendations on how and what to stretch along with frequencies and durations of the reps, workouts, etc. Stretching for cycling is very new to me and I want to do it correctly.:)
Thanks

ps. Oops. I accidentaly posted this on Power Training but now I think it's in the right section.

Unless you have pain or pulling when you attempt to sit on the saddle and get into your aero position, why would you feel that stretching is needed?

Andrepaul said:
I'm trying to increase my flexibility in order to be more comfortable and strong in the aero positon when riding my road bike. Can I get recommendations on how and what to stretch along with frequencies and durations of the reps, workouts, etc. Stretching for cycling is very new to me and I want to do it correctly.:)
Thanks

ps. Oops. I accidentaly posted this on Power Training but now I think it's in the right section.
Have a look at this thread - is about relevance/use of stretching in bike riding and touches on the aero position question you have

http://www.cyclingforums.com/t303399-stretching-after-a-cycle.html

Andrepaul said:
Thanks

Here's a link to a very detailed stretching thread from May 2005 ...

http://www.cyclingforums.com/t239978-.html

Be sure to read the studies posted by Biker-Linz and Felt_Rider. A lot of good detailed stuff in this thread. Read all the posts and come to your own conclusions.