Strida at the footie

John B

Guest
Today I sighted my first ever Strida in real use - as opposed to hanging
on a wall. It was accompanied by a lady on a Halfway and a chap on a
Brommie.
They made me smile :)
They had all been to see Reading v Stoke [1].

I joined in on my Bike Friday ;-)

[1] it was a good game; 3-1 to the Royals.

John B

John B wrote:

>[1] it was a good game; 3-1 to the Royals.

You can come and join our celebration at Hillsborough.
--
Phil Cook

Phil Cook wrote:

> John B wrote:
>
> >[1] it was a good game; 3-1 to the Royals.

> You can come and join our celebration at Hillsborough.

I hope there are good bike racks.

John B

John B wrote:

>Phil Cook wrote:
>
>> John B wrote:
>>
>> >[1] it was a good game; 3-1 to the Royals.

>> You can come and join our celebration at Hillsborough.

>I hope there are good bike racks.

Unfortunately not. Hillsborough is an old old old ground jammed in
tight between the main road and housing so there isn't space for a
nice concourse and parking space like the new stadiums a la Mad Stad
or St. Mary's. Also since we are more skint than a Boracic Lint
factory we haven't done any work on the stadium since the
money-no-object days of the eighties. There is however a good tram and
bus service from the City Centre so you probably won't need a bike.

I'f you've got Google Earth have a look at the area around the ground
here 53°24'40.72"N 1°30'1.66"W