Strida at the footie

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by John B, Apr 17, 2006.

  1. John B

    John B Guest

    Today I sighted my first ever Strida in real use - as opposed to hanging
    on a wall. It was accompanied by a lady on a Halfway and a chap on a
    Brommie.
    They made me smile :)
    They had all been to see Reading v Stoke [1].

    I joined in on my Bike Friday ;-)

    [1] it was a good game; 3-1 to the Royals.

    John B

    Tags:

  2. Phil Cook

    Phil Cook Guest

    John B wrote:

    >[1] it was a good game; 3-1 to the Royals.

    You can come and join our celebration at Hillsborough.
    --
    Phil Cook

  3. John B

    John B Guest

    Phil Cook wrote:

    > John B wrote:
    >
    > >[1] it was a good game; 3-1 to the Royals.

    > You can come and join our celebration at Hillsborough.

    I hope there are good bike racks.

    John B

  4. Phil Cook

    Phil Cook Guest

    John B wrote:

    >Phil Cook wrote:
    >
    >> John B wrote:
    >>
    >> >[1] it was a good game; 3-1 to the Royals.

    >> You can come and join our celebration at Hillsborough.

    >I hope there are good bike racks.

    Unfortunately not. Hillsborough is an old old old ground jammed in
    tight between the main road and housing so there isn't space for a
    nice concourse and parking space like the new stadiums a la Mad Stad
    or St. Mary's. Also since we are more skint than a Boracic Lint
    factory we haven't done any work on the stadium since the
    money-no-object days of the eighties. There is however a good tram and
    bus service from the City Centre so you probably won't need a bike.

    I'f you've got Google Earth have a look at the area around the ground
    here 53°24'40.72"N 1°30'1.66"W