Strong wheel

jjiam1234

Sep 4, 2006
I just found out today, my back wheel is bent. It is not bent too bad, but when you rotate it, you can see that its bent. That kinda scares me. The LBS said that it should be OK. What do you all think? and if I search for another wheelset, which one is made for heavier guys, im 270 lbs.? I bent the stock rim on a Trek Pilot 5.2.

jjiam1234 said:
I just found out today, my back wheel is bent. It is not bent too bad, but when you rotate it, you can see that its bent. That kinda scares me. The LBS said that it should be OK. What do you all think? and if I search for another wheelset, which one is made for heavier guys, im 270 lbs.? I bent the stock rim on a Trek Pilot 5.2.

36 hole rear hub laced to a DT 1.2 using double butted spokes, laced 3 cross, built well, of course.

jjiam1234 said:
36H Sapim Race 14/15 DB on Velocity Deep V well built.

36H Sapim Race 14/15 DB on Velocity Deep V well built. When you say this, velocity is the actual rim? and sapim race is the tire? and what does 14/15 DB mean, I know that 36H means 36 holes? can you please expand thanks, I also like that velocity Deep V's are very good (and cheap). Thanks

jjiam1234 said:
36H Sapim Race 14/15 DB on Velocity Deep V well built. When you say this, velocity is the actual rim? and sapim race is the tire? and what does 14/15 DB mean, I know that 36H means 36 holes? can you please expand thanks, I also like that velocity Deep V's are very good (and cheap). Thanks
Sapim Race is the manufacturer and model of spoke. 14/15 DB means 14 g on the end and 15 g in mid span. DB is double butted.
Velocity is a quality Australian rim manufacturer. Deep V is a very strong rim suitable for heavy loads.