Strongest bike on the market?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nick

I got a big bonus from work last week, and I want the best all round bike available. I would get
the best for each discipline, but they don't pay me that much. So, anyone want to suggest a few
bike to me?

nick

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> I got a big bonus from work last week, and I want the best all round bike available. I would get
> the best for each discipline, but they don't pay me that much. So, anyone want to suggest a few
> bike to me?
>
> nick
>

I have a frame you can have. 6 inches of rear suspension.

~Travis
--
travis57 at megalink dot net

travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Administrator TF Custom Electronics, Owner/Founder/Developer
(current project: Automotive exhaust flame-thrower)

In article <[email protected]>, nick wrote:
> I got a big bonus from work last week, and I want the best all round bike available. I would get
> the best for each discipline, but they don't pay me that much. So, anyone want to suggest a few
> bike to me?

Well, which do you want? The Strongest? Or the best 'all-around' bike?

Strong bikes tend to be lousy all-rounders. You also have to specify a bit of a price range. I can
recommend some really strong bikes that'll come in around $5000 (though they'll be impossible to
pedal up hills. :)

For what it's worth, I tend to only look at a couple of bike lines these days. I'm generally
impressed with what Giant makes, and the price/performance that you get out of them is quite good.
The VT1 and VT2 are tremendous 'all-around' bikes.

For strong bikes, I like Brodie and Norco (both Canadian brands). Brodie will be hard to find in the
States, I suspect. Check out Norco.com. They have a big line of strong bikes, and the Fluid is a
fair all-rounder.

If your bonus was big enough, think about a custom bike. You could get a sweet Ti ride out of Seven,
but there are lots of custom builders out there that can make really beautiful bikes.

JS

--
========================= [email protected] ========================
Jan Sacharuk Member in Good Standing of The Discordian Solidarity Turn on viewing of the X-Geek-Code
header to see my Geek Code
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not like them, but I can pretend. The sun has gone, but I have
a light. The day is done, but I'm having fun. I think I'm dumb,
or maybe just happy. - Nirvana, Dumb

nick wrote:
> bike to me?

HABANERO!!!!!!

http://www.habcycles.com (Tell Mark Clyde' sent ya ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.