Strongest bike on the market?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Nick, May 2, 2003.

  1. Nick

    Nick Guest

    I got a big bonus from work last week, and I want the best all round bike available. I would get
    the best for each discipline, but they don't pay me that much. So, anyone want to suggest a few
    bike to me?

    nick

    Tags:

  2. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > I got a big bonus from work last week, and I want the best all round bike available. I would get
    > the best for each discipline, but they don't pay me that much. So, anyone want to suggest a few
    > bike to me?
    >
    > nick

    I have a frame you can have. 6 inches of rear suspension.

    ~Travis
    --
    travis57 at megalink dot net

    travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Administrator TF Custom Electronics, Owner/Founder/Developer

  3. Jan Sacharuk

    Jan Sacharuk Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, nick wrote:
    > I got a big bonus from work last week, and I want the best all round bike available. I would get
    > the best for each discipline, but they don't pay me that much. So, anyone want to suggest a few
    > bike to me?

    Well, which do you want? The Strongest? Or the best 'all-around' bike?

    Strong bikes tend to be lousy all-rounders. You also have to specify a bit of a price range. I can
    recommend some really strong bikes that'll come in around $5000 (though they'll be impossible to
    pedal up hills. :)

    For what it's worth, I tend to only look at a couple of bike lines these days. I'm generally
    impressed with what Giant makes, and the price/performance that you get out of them is quite good.
    The VT1 and VT2 are tremendous 'all-around' bikes.

    For strong bikes, I like Brodie and Norco (both Canadian brands). Brodie will be hard to find in the
    States, I suspect. Check out Norco.com. They have a big line of strong bikes, and the Fluid is a
    fair all-rounder.

    If your bonus was big enough, think about a custom bike. You could get a sweet Ti ride out of Seven,
    but there are lots of custom builders out there that can make really beautiful bikes.

    JS

    --
    Jan Sacharuk Member in Good Standing of The Discordian Solidarity Turn on viewing of the X-Geek-Code

  4. John G

    John G Guest

    nick wrote:
    > I got a big bonus from work last week, and I want the best all round bike available. I would get
    > the best for each discipline, but they don't pay me that much. So, anyone want to suggest a few
    > bike to me?

    HABANERO!!!!!!

    http://www.habcycles.com (Tell Mark Clyde' sent ya ;-)