Strongest rider and strongest team...

Hell and High Water

Guest
From cyclingnews:

'...Once again, Liquigas showed they had the strongest rider at the 2007
Giro in Danilo Di Luca and the strongest team. The real Giro began
today....'

FORZA DANILO! FORZA LIQUIGAS!!!

-Bob

On Tue, 22 May 2007 13:31:59 -0500, Hell and High Water
<[email protected]> wrote:

>From cyclingnews:
>

>'...Once again, Liquigas showed they had the strongest rider at the 2007
>Giro in Danilo Di Luca and the strongest team. The real Giro began
>today....'
>

>FORZA DANILO! FORZA LIQUIGAS!!!
>

>-Bob

Di Luca does not have the legs for a three week race, he'll fade away
like he did in 2005 or in 2006 in Spain. He reminds me of Jalabert a
bit, another excellent rider who didn' have the legs for a three week
tour, except in 95 in Spain, but the competition was week and he got
lucky in a long breakaway.

Keith <[email protected]> wrote:

> Di Luca does not have the legs for a three week race, he'll fade away
> like he did in 2005 or in 2006 in Spain. He reminds me of Jalabert a
> bit, another excellent rider who didn' have the legs for a three week
> tour, except in 95 in Spain, but the competition was week and he got
> lucky in a long breakaway.

He didn't get lucky in the 95 vuelta - he won just about every stage
with uphill finnish. I think that you are thinking of 14. july 95
where he was in a long breakaway with 2 or 3 teammates and jumped the
GC.

--
Morten Reippuert Knudsen :) <http://blog.reippuert.dk>

Merlin Works CR-3/2.5 & Campagnolo Chorus 2007.