Strongly Considering WW, have questions

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 18:18:43 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Or, the only way to fail is to quit.

Now that makes a lot of sense.

Ray
--
rmnsuk overall - 273/207/182

When you have an issue, say like too much alcohol, you can totally stop that
or smoking. Then you deal with the emotional baggage that goes with such a
habit. The problem with the "perfect" thing is that that is the issue, and
it makes you do stupid things. Knowing this, I decided to channel it in
such a way as to benefit me for a change instead of allowing it to set me up
so I could beat myself up. And on another point, I think that all of these
pre-plans are what helped me thus far. It is why I tell others it is just
fine if you are not ready to lose yet. Sometimes it is better not to start
till you are ready, Lee
Lesanne <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I do this too, or did during the loss phase. As long as I am below goal these days I am lazy about
> it. If I gain a pound or two, I go back to writing, and it goes away.
>
> "skiur" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > That's an idea. I think I could be perfect about writing in the journal
> and
> > keeping to that. Let me mull that one over.
> >
> > "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> > berlin.de...
> > > I have that perfect issue, I just focused on keeping my journal as the
> > thing
> > > to be perfect in, that and attending meetings. So now if I choose
wrong
> > or
> > > eat too much that is fine as long as I write it down, make an honest
> > effort
> > > to figure the points and go to WI to record the effort. Takes the
> > pressure
> > > off of having to lose every week or not over eating or eating "bad" things... Just this change
> > > makes it easier somehow not to feel
deprived

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 20:57:20 GMT, ray miller <[email protected]> wrote:

>>There are many people in this forum who have not even paid so much as a ww registration fee. They
>>have done it all totally on their own, with info that has been passed along here and info found on
>>the internet. There are several good free websites for journaling. You have to decide what YOU
>>need to make it work for you - that was the trickiest part for me.
>
>I'm one of those that has done it without WW. But the info and support from this newsgroup has been
>absolutely invaluable. I don't think I would have come so far without the nice people here. Theres
>enough information for free on t he web but it takes some finding and it's all different and
>contradictory. Basically there is only one way - eat less exercise more. The trick is to find a way
>to do this that works for you.
>
>Good luck
>
>Ray

Very good point Ray! I also would never have been as succesful as I have been without the aid and
support of this group. I am so glad that a friend gently pointed me in this direction. It was what
finally helped to give me the confidence to give ww a fair try. Knowing I wasn't alone in the
struggle really helped.

Joyce

There have been studies done that are now showing that cholesterol readings are very much a
heriditary issue, more than weight related. My youngest daughter, who happens to be the thinnest in
the family (105 soaking wet) is an extremely healthy eater. She eats very little meat, usually only
an ounce or two at a meal and I have to push to get that in. She loves her veggies, opts for salsa
for snacks - doesn't like candy or chips. Eats wheat bread instead of white bread. Her cholesterol
is high already and suggestions of a low fat diet are out the window as she has nowhere to lower it.
She seems to get it from her dad. I also have a friend who is a retired policeman, very thin and
athletic, very healthy eater, very high cholesterol that hasn't even been able to be controlled with
meds. So it really isn't very odd that your hub may be thin and have high cholesterol. If you think
it might be though, having him eating the ww food that you prefer (lower fat, healthier, higher
fiber food) will definitely help to put him on the right track before a problem might occur.

Joyce

<[email protected]> wrote:

>>There are many people in this forum who have not even paid so much as a ww registration fee. They
>>have done it all totally on their own, with info that has been passed along here and info found on
>>the internet. There are several good free websites for journaling. You have to decide what YOU
>>need to make it work for you - that was the trickiest part for me.
>
>I'm one of those that has done it without WW. But the info and support from this newsgroup has been
>absolutely invaluable.

I'm following the WW plan, but I've never been to a meeting in my life. I got the basic plan
from a friend and have done it on my own, with the help of my husband and this group. I've lost
about 80lbs, 36 kilos. I've been struggling for a while but as long as I don't give up, then I
will get there.

I highly recommend WW. It's easy to follow and makes sense, and can be as cheap or as expensive as
you want it to be. Good luck :)
--
Erin in NZ
125/89/75 kgs

RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)

"It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary