Struck by apple.

Man Without Pig

Guest
To the passenger that struck with an apple whilst I was riding on Millers Rd Altona:

1. It was a good shot.
2. I have your number plate.
3. Beware of cyclists carrying water pistols filled with brake-fluid.

Grammar corrected:

To the passenger that struck me with an apple whilst I was riding on Millers Rd Altona(VIC) :

"Man without pigs" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> To the passenger that struck with an apple whilst I was riding on Millers Rd Altona:
>
> 1. It was a good shot.
> 2. I have your number plate.

Report it to the police. They may have done it before and this could see some action taken
(unlikely, but still a nice thought). Failing that... good luck finding their car. :)

hippy

Once I was spat at (he missed), by someone in a car which obviously belonged to the local Holden
dealer. (The number plate, and its surround made it completely obvious.

I complained to them the next day. The only reason why I didint do it in person was that it was a
Saturday, and they were closed when I went past

Paul

hippy wrote:

> "Man without pigs" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > To the passenger that struck with an apple whilst I was riding on Millers Rd Altona:
> >
> > 1. It was a good shot.
> > 2. I have your number plate.
>
> Report it to the police. They may have done it before and this could see some action taken
> (unlikely, but still a nice thought). Failing that... good luck finding their car. :)
>
> hippy

Light some thermite on their hood/ roof, it'll burn straight through their engine/ roof

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 04:45:42 GMT, "hippy" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Man without pigs" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> To the passenger that struck with an apple whilst I was riding on Millers Rd Altona:
>>
>> 1. It was a good shot.
>> 2. I have your number plate.
>
>Report it to the police. They may have done it before and this could see some action taken
>(unlikely, but still a nice thought). Failing that... good luck finding their car. :)
>
>hippy

And you know where to get hold of this?
---
DFM

Arpit <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Light some thermite on their hood/ roof, it'll burn straight through their engine/ roof
>
> On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 04:45:42 GMT, "hippy" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >"Man without pigs" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >> To the passenger that struck with an apple whilst I was riding on Millers Rd Altona:
> >>
> >> 1. It was a good shot.
> >> 2. I have your number plate.
> >
> >Report it to the police. They may have done it before and this could see some action taken
> >(unlikely, but still a nice thought). Failing that... good luck finding their car. :)
> >
> >hippy

Report it directly to the Bike cops. You will find a sympathetic ear and they do follow up. Try
Russell Lindsay, Melbourne Bicycle Patrol Ph.9247 5517

Al.

hippy wrote:

> "Man without pigs" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>>To the passenger that struck with an apple whilst I was riding on Millers Rd Altona:
>>
>>1. It was a good shot.
>>2. I have your number plate.
>

> Report it to the police. They may have done it before and this could see some action taken
> (unlikely, but still a nice thought). Failing that... good luck finding their car. :)
>
> hippy

Done. Also the EPA have been informed of a "smoky exhaust" and throwing litter from a car.

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:29:47 GMT, Al User <[email protected]> wrote:

>Report it directly to the Bike cops. You will find a sympathetic ear and they do follow up. Try
>Russell Lindsay, Melbourne Bicycle Patrol Ph.9247 5517
>
>Al.
>
>hippy wrote:
>
>> "Man without pigs" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>>
>>>To the passenger that struck with an apple whilst I was riding on Millers Rd Altona:
>>>
>>>1. It was a good shot.
>>>2. I have your number plate.
>>

>> Report it to the police. They may have done it before and this could see some action taken
>> (unlikely, but still a nice thought). Failing that... good luck finding their car. :)
>>
>> hippy

Had a twit do this to me while i was riding to the local video shop one afternoon. Instead of an
apple it was an orange, got me fair square in the chest. For some reason i held on to it and
pedalled on my way only to discover that the car pulled into the same video shop that i was going
to. So he got his orange back spread over his windscreen and left under his wipers.

Man without pigs wrote:
> To the passenger that struck with an apple whilst I was riding on Millers Rd Altona:
>
> 1. It was a good shot.
> 2. I have your number plate.
> 3. Beware of cyclists carrying water pistols filled with brake-fluid.

Powder some rust, powder some alminium. mix. light with a sparkler.

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 22:32:09 +1000, "Deep Freud Moors"
<deepfloydmars@yIaWONThBITEoYA!o.co.uk> wrote:

>And you know where to get hold of this?
>---
>DFM
>
>Arpit <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Light some thermite on their hood/ roof, it'll burn straight through their engine/ roof

>> >Report it to the police. They may have done it before and this could see some action taken
>> >(unlikely, but still a nice thought). Failing that... good luck finding their car. :)
>> >
>> >hippy

"Man without pigs" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> To the passenger that struck with an apple whilst I was riding on Millers Rd Altona:
>
> 1. It was a good shot.
> 2. I have your number plate.
> 3. Beware of cyclists carrying water pistols filled with brake-fluid.

Report it to the police. I have ducked a punch thrown out of the window of a moving car. I emptied
my bidon in the guy's face at the next lights, he spat at me and I laughed ('cos I was already was I
covered sweat...) I spat on him and said I reckon we were square. These guys drove off and threw the
full coke at me but were bad shots.

Anyway at the end of the confrontation I really felt like I should have reported it because it got a
little out of hand. But hell it was interesting.

Kev

Heya <Man> </pigs>, You (as I believe Young Folks These Days Say) rawk! because
- (a little, but significant bit) you corrected the grammar error; and,
- (not only, but mostly) numbered points 1., 2., and 3.

I now dedicate tomorrow morning's commute's closing one nostril with a finger and blowing the mucus
out the other nostril and then repeating this with the other nostril at the next set of traffic
lights ("Sorry, mate, I didn't see you there") all over the car (containing, doubtless an example of
the ~40% of the Australian population that is obese) that either
a) almost wipes me out overtaking down the bike lane in a stupid(-lard)-**** attempt to save 10
seconds from their 30 minute wait for city parking ; or,
b) almost wipes someone in front of me overtaking down the bike lane in a stupid(-lard)-**** attempt
to save 10 seconds from their 30 minute wait for city parking ; or,
c) <insert your grumble here>

ps: <Man> </pigs> for Governor of California

Man without pigs wrote:

> Grammar corrected:

Maybe I got back traffic karma after all the pedestrian "wait" buttons I've needlesly been
pressing . The rage induced a 44km head-wind sprint in me in order to read the number plate.
Suffice to say that a great many O2 molecules have been converted to CO2 molecues and electrons
wasted in aus.cars when a leetle bit of respect for peoples choice of transport - polluting or not
is taken into account.
!! What am I saying ?? Whose respecting clean air and open space ?

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 21:17:16 +1000, "K&C Russell" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Man without pigs" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> To the passenger that struck with an apple whilst I was riding on Millers Rd Altona:
>>
>> 1. It was a good shot.
>> 2. I have your number plate.
>> 3. Beware of cyclists carrying water pistols filled with brake-fluid.
>>

>Report it to the police. I have ducked a punch thrown out of the window of a moving car. I emptied
>my bidon in the guy's face at the next lights, he spat at me and I laughed ('cos I was already was
>I covered sweat...) I spat on him and said I reckon we were square. These guys drove off and threw
>the full coke at me but were bad shots.
>
>Anyway at the end of the confrontation I really felt like I should have reported it because it got
>a little out of hand. But hell it was interesting.
>
>Kev

OK, I have read the recipe in the anarchists cookbook too, but have never tried it. I will give it a
go today if I can find some sparklers. Will report back later tonight.

8 parts rust, 3 parts aluminum... wooohoooo!!!
---

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:12:07 +1000, Arpit wrote:

> Powder some rust, powder some alminium. mix. light with a sparkler.

Powdered iron + aluminium is called 'Thermite' right?

I was reading about this somewhere (slashdot.org) in relation to destroying hard drives quickly. But
that suggested it would have to be ignited with a magnesium taper
- is a simple sparkler hot enough?

Anyway, the crux of that story was that the heat generated is enough to melt through steel, hence
destroying a hard drive or a cylinder head (which are mostly alu. these days anyway?).

I don't think it would be very easy deploy from your bike... ;)

-kt

Didn't work too well. The sparklers were so **** I had to light 'em with the oxy. And it's hard to
find enough rust and aluminum, and difficult to grind it up to powder form. Surely you can buy it in
power form somewhere.

Anyway, it didn't take off quite like I had hoped...
---
DFM

Deep Freud Moors <deepfloydmars@yIaWONThBITEoYA!o.co.uk> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> OK, I have read the recipe in the anarchists cookbook too, but have never tried it. I will give it
> a go today if I can find some sparklers. Will report back later tonight.
>
> 8 parts rust, 3 parts aluminum... wooohoooo!!!
> ---
> DFM
>
> Arpit <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Powder some rust, powder some alminium. mix. light with a sparkler.
> >

> > On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 22:32:09 +1000, "Deep Freud Moors" <deepfloydmars@yIaWONThBITEoYA!o.co.uk>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >And you know where to get hold of this?
> > >---
> > >DFM
> > >
> > >Arpit <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > >news:[email protected]...

"Deep Freud Moors" wrote
> Didn't work too well. The sparklers were so **** I had to light 'em
with the
> oxy. And it's hard to find enough rust and aluminum, and difficult
to grind
> it up to powder form. Surely you can buy it in power form somewhere.

Use steel wool. Doesn't even need to be rusty. You can light a ball of steel wool with a match. 0000
works best as it's the finest.

Theo