Stubbies Brian - accident

geoffs

New Member
Sep 8, 2003
I was in Ashfield cycles earlier talking to Kane and he mentioned that he had heard that Brian had been in bad accident. Brian, who now lives in Brisbane, used to be a member of Bankstown and was a good track racer who only wore stubbies instead of knicks.

Any news anyone???

Cheers

Geoff

"geoffs" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I was in Ashfield cycles earlier talking to Kane and he mentioned that
> he had heard that Brian had been in bad accident. Brian, who now lives
> in Brisbane, used to be a member of Bankstown and was a good track
> racer who only wore stubbies instead of knicks.
>
> Any news anyone???
>
> Cheers
>
> Geoff
>

> --
> geoffs

Posting on Randwick Botany CC website. He was a member of the club....

http://www.randwickbotanycc.com/News.htm

Beanzy

Posting on Randwick Botany CC website. He was a member of the club....

http://www.randwickbotanycc.com/News.htm

Beanzy[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. At least now we know.
The news was also in Cycling News.
Here is the excerpt:
"Sydney cyclist seriously injured
Sydney cyclist Bryan Martin has been involved in a serious accident with truck. He was dead at the scene but revived and has been on life support, although his chances of survival are not great.

Martin was a highly talented rider who made the Australian national team as a junior but then had a serious accident on the track which left his left arm permanently damaged. He has always used his bike for racing, transport and recreation, and was well known and respected in both the racing and touring communities. He has lived for the last few years in Queensland, riding with the Samford Velos. The local cycling community's thoughts are with Bryan and his partner Sue"

We used to ride with him and his partner Sue on all the Big NSW bike rides and we met them on the Queensland bike ride also.
The firt ride that we met him on was the Barham to Albury ride. We were on our tandem pulling a pace at 43-45 kms/hr and he was taking turns on his fixie. He dropped us as we were to slow.
What a shame as he was such a great guy.

A toast to Bryan