I have a hydraulic disc brake hose that I cannot remove from its master cylinder (lever assembly). It's a Shimano Deore M525, which has a resin hose that screws directly into the cylinder (as opposed to ones like the XT version, where the hose attaches at a right angle via a bolt).
The problem seems to be that the assembler torqued down the retaining nut too tight, and crushed the sealing olive too far into the cylinder. I managed to remove the nut, but I can't free the hose. I've tried pulling the damn thing as hard as I dare, but I'm afraid the hose will break leaving a stub deep inside there, and then I'll be SOL. I also tried squeezing the lever to pop it off via pressure, but that didn't work either.
Any ideas how to liberate the hose without ruining the master cylinder?
"Andrew Vyrros" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Help!
I have a hydraulic disc brake hose that I cannot remove from its master cylinder (lever assembly). It's a Shimano Deore M525, which has a resin hose that screws directly into the cylinder (as opposed to ones like the XT version, where the hose attaches at a right angle via a bolt).
The problem seems to be that the assembler torqued down the retaining nut too tight, and crushed the sealing olive too far into the cylinder. I managed to remove the nut, but I can't free the hose. I've tried pulling the damn thing as hard as I dare, but I'm afraid the hose will break leaving a stub deep inside there, and then I'll be SOL. I also tried squeezing the lever to pop it off via pressure, but that didn't work either.
Any ideas how to liberate the hose without ruining the master cylinder?
Thanks,
--AV
Perhaps a Dremel with a small ball mill to cut through the olive and the hose? A cutoff wheel couldn't get close enough. I've no experience with XT's. You say the hose and olive are inside the fitting? I have broken off the barbed tube on a Hayes master cylinder so I understand your concern. It didn't take a lot of pulling to do it.