stumbled across this

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> Wow, imagine putting that on without being pro. Would you? I'll bet they did. To spice up the
> topic, how much salary would you need to put on that stank? I am thinking $1000 surcharge per day,
> with image rights retained by me.
>
>
> "JTN" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> holy cow. what were they thinking putting these on? they must have been
> paid
>> well...lololo http://www.3catsphoto.com/st18.htm

Maybe its a ploy to get the compitition laughing so hard that they are unable to compete.

"Boyd Speerschneider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> > Wow, imagine putting that on without being pro. Would you? I'll bet they did. To spice up the
> > topic, how much salary would you need to put on that stank? I am thinking $1000 surcharge per
> > day, with image rights retained by me.
> >
> >> holy cow. what were they thinking putting these on? they must have been
> > paid
> >> well...lololo http://www.3catsphoto.com/st18.htm
>
> Maybe its a ploy to get the compitition laughing so hard that they are unable to compete.

Some will argue (marketing types, methinks) that they accomplished their goal of drawing attention
to themselves and their advertisers.

Personally, it reminds me of the German team, Histor-Sigma. Not exactly the same shade of green,
Histor's was a bit more of a sickly olive color.

Are you sure that was Histor-Sigma? I can see the kit, I just can't remember the name. Wasn't Brian
Holm on that team? I am still searching the gray matter...

"Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
> "Boyd Speerschneider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >
> > > Wow, imagine putting that on without being pro. Would you? I'll bet they did. To spice up the
> > > topic, how much salary would you need to put on that stank? I am thinking $1000 surcharge per
> > > day, with image rights retained by me.
> > >
> > >> holy cow. what were they thinking putting these on? they must have been
> > > paid
> > >> well...lololo http://www.3catsphoto.com/st18.htm
> >
> > Maybe its a ploy to get the compitition laughing so hard that they are unable to compete.
>
> Some will argue (marketing types, methinks) that they accomplished their goal of drawing attention
> to themselves and their advertisers.
>
> Personally, it reminds me of the German team, Histor-Sigma. Not exactly
the
> same shade of green, Histor's was a bit more of a sickly olive color.

"Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Are you sure that was Histor-Sigma? I can see the kit, I just can't
remember
> the name. Wasn't Brian Holm on that team? I am still searching the gray matter...
>

I'm pretty sure about the Histor part. I think Zabel turned pro with them, too.

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 23:53:30 -0600, Carl Sundquist wrote:
>Personally, it reminds me of the German team, Histor-Sigma. Not exactly =
the
>same shade of green, Histor's was a bit more of a sickly olive color.

Tulip Computers? Zabel in his first year (1992) rode for Fr=F6ndenberg, after that Telekom.

news:<[email protected]>...
> Are you sure that was Histor-Sigma? I can see the kit, I just can't remember the name. Wasn't
> Brian Holm on that team? I am still searching the gray matter...
>
>
Holm rode for them, he was known as Brian Sorenson back then. Roche rode for them for a year,
Etienne de Wilde took a couple of Tour stage wins with Histor. I'm not sure about the German part, I
thought they were Belgian. Don't know what Histor was, but Sigma made paint.

Tulip Computers?

> Are you sure that was Histor-Sigma? I can see the kit, I just can't
remember
> the name. Wasn't Brian Holm on that team? I am still searching the gray matter...
>
>
> "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Boyd Speerschneider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > >
> > > > Wow, imagine putting that on without being pro. Would you? I'll bet they did. To spice up
> > > > the topic, how much salary would you need to
put
> > > > on that stank? I am thinking $1000 surcharge per day, with image rights retained by me.
> > > >
> > > >> holy cow. what were they thinking putting these on? they must have been
> > > > paid
> > > >> well...lololo http://www.3catsphoto.com/st18.htm
> > >
> > > Maybe its a ploy to get the compitition laughing so hard that they are unable to compete.
> >
> > Some will argue (marketing types, methinks) that they accomplished their goal of drawing
> > attention to themselves and their advertisers.
> >
> > Personally, it reminds me of the German team, Histor-Sigma. Not exactly
> the
> > same shade of green, Histor's was a bit more of a sickly olive color.
> >
>

your jerseys posted are nothing like the "grandmas leftover cooking dress" that these boys in Denver
were wearing. look at those sleeves. they look like they are ruffled they are so fluffy..... im
sorry, but no matter how bad I sucked or how bad you wanted to sell your ****. I wouldn't put that
**** on.....they must be some bad ass fighting mofo's, cause anytime you were out training alone
with that **** on you would get in a fight...guaranteed.....

> Maybe you're thinking of Tulip http://www.professionnalpeloton.com/images/tulip91.jpg
>
> Here's Histor http://www.professionnalpeloton.com/images/histor90.jpg

Ugly jersey, bad move too: D'ya think the Histor rider (Luc R.) has put his arms down yet?

More fugly kit: Tonton Tapis kit, ugly, bad team to boot. Boston Road Club Yellow 'n' Purple, circa
1985, too. And anything from Fat City or Broadway Kitchen.

-Chris Mitchell

"Chris Mitchell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:9Vbca.84703$qi4.51183@rwcrnsc54...
> Ugly jersey, bad move too: D'ya think the Histor rider (Luc R.) has put his arms down yet?
>
> More fugly kit: Tonton Tapis kit, ugly, bad team to boot.

Weirdest jersey I've ever seen. It was supposed to be a picture of a carpet installer holding a roll
of carpet, but it looked like Saddam Hussein holding a racket launcher. That jersey on Stephen
Roche's back was like Kryptonite to Clark Kent. Look what happened when he exchanged it for a
Carrerra jersey.

Mark VandenBerghe

Mark VandenBerghe <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Chris Mitchell" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > More fugly kit: Tonton Tapis kit, ugly, bad team to boot.

> Weirdest jersey I've ever seen. It was supposed to be a picture of a carpet installer holding a
> roll of carpet, but it looked like Saddam Hussein holding a racket launcher. That jersey on
> Stephen Roche's back was like Kryptonite to Clark Kent. Look what happened when he exchanged it
> for a Carrerra jersey.

http://www.professionnalpeloton.com/images/tonton91.jpg

Actually, looks more like a Sikh than Hussein that's holding the Stinger missile, but pretty fine
description. Hours of entertainment with that web site.

Ben still wondering if whoever picked the Subaru Montgomery colors was actually colorblind

Status
Not open for further replies.