Stumpjumper FSR Disc or TREK Fuel 90 disc????

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

News.Datacom.Ch

Good morning!

I am in between a rock and a hard place! Being a TREK rider for almost 8 years (totally unsuspended
TREK 8000 bike) I am about to buy a fully.

At the moment I am checking out a/m bikes. Who can give me some advice? Does anyone ride one of them
and has terrain experience?

Looking forward to your answers

Greets

Swiss rider

I just upgraded my C'Dale f400 hardtail to a 2003 Trek Fuel 90 (non disc) - I was surprised how well the Fuel climbed, in fact I would say it climbed better than my hardtail. Downhill just flies and the Fox really sucks up the gnarly terrain. I can bunnyhop much better on the Fuel and find myself trying to get as much air as I can. Have not tried a big drop but this isn't a freeride bike. I have one small suggestion about the disc brakes - everyone swears by them and I have tried the Hayes but after talking to a few people they suggested going with the Avid SD7's V-brakes and of course I was truly skeptical until I tried them out. They were a fantastic upgrade and worth the paltry price I paid (under $80 Cdn). I find the stopping power in these to be as good as the discs I tried but not as great when wet although they still work great wet - also, the dial levers are awesome and I can stop from any speed fast with one finger - hence the name "single digit". V-brakes are lighter than disc or mechs and a few hundred dead presidents cheaper. Just my 2 cents worth.

Originally posted by News.Datacom.Ch
Good morning!

I am in between a rock and a hard place! Being a TREK rider for almost 8 years (totally unsuspended
TREK 8000 bike) I am about to buy a fully.

At the moment I am checking out a/m bikes. Who can give me some advice? Does anyone ride one of them
and has terrain experience?

Looking forward to your answers

Greets

Swiss rider
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.