Stumpjumper vs FSR

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Colin Stones, Mar 21, 2006.

  1. Colin  Stones

    Colin Stones Guest

    Is the Stumpjumper worth the difference from the FSR. What are the
    differences?

    Colin

    Tags:

  2. Tim

    Tim Guest

  3. Colin  Stones

    Colin Stones Guest

    I am looking to buy a full suspension this time round. Is the frame the
    same on the Stumpjumper and the FSR?

    "Tim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On 2006-03-21, Colin Stones <notthismail> wrote:
    >> Is the Stumpjumper worth the difference from the FSR. What are the
    >> differences?
    >>
    >> Colin
    >>

    > http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?sid=06StumpjumperFSR
    > http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?sid=06Stumpjumper
    >
    > are links to the 06 model pages. Do you want full suss or a
    > hardtail?
    > --
    > Tim.
    >
    > [email protected]

  4. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    Colin Stones wrote:
    > I am looking to buy a full suspension this time round. Is the frame
    > the same on the Stumpjumper and the FSR?
    >
    > "Tim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> On 2006-03-21, Colin Stones <notthismail> wrote:
    >>> Is the Stumpjumper worth the difference from the FSR. What are the
    >>> differences?
    >>>
    >>> Colin
    >>>

    >> http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?sid=06StumpjumperFSR
    >> http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?sid=06Stumpjumper
    >>
    >> are links to the 06 model pages. Do you want full suss or a
    >> hardtail?
    >> --
    >> Tim.
    >>
    >> [email protected]

    From what I've seen this years Stumpjumper FSR is last years S-Works FSR
    frame. Still a pretty good bike for the money. The FSR design is my
    favorite.

    Mike

  5. Bill S

    Bill S Guest

    The Stumpjumper is a hard tail. The Stumpjumper FSR is a
    full suspension.

    I got a 2006 Stumpjumper FSR about 4 weeks ago. Love it.

    Colin Stones wrote:
    > I am looking to buy a full suspension this time round. Is the frame the
    > same on the Stumpjumper and the FSR?
    >
    > "Tim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>On 2006-03-21, Colin Stones <notthismail> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Is the Stumpjumper worth the difference from the FSR. What are the
    >>>differences?
    >>>
    >>>Colin
    >>>

    >>http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?sid=06StumpjumperFSR
    >>http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?sid=06Stumpjumper
    >>
    >>are links to the 06 model pages. Do you want full suss or a
    >>hardtail?
    >>--
    >> Tim.
    >>
    >>[email protected]

  6. In article <[email protected]>, "Colin
    Stones" <notthismail> says...
    > Subject: Re: Stumpjumper vs FSR
    > From: "Colin Stones" <notthismail>
    > Newsgroups: alt.mountain-bike
    >
    > I am looking to buy a full suspension this time round. Is the frame the
    > same on the Stumpjumper and the FSR?

    The FSRxc is usually the previous years Stumpjumper FSR frame, it's the
    best deal in the Specialized lineup IMO.