Stupid Bacchettas

Seth Jayson

Guest
So I'm working on a 'bent review article, and I headed out to a local BS to ride a few machines I'd
only seen and read about before.

Stupid Bacchettas. I love my Rocket, but a little time on that darn Strada sent my brain into
high-gear scheme mode about how to get one. (I can only afford one bike at a time, which is the only
reason I sometimes think I'm not a *real* 'bent guy...)

I have to say that the little refinements they've made to things like cable stops, underseat bosses
for (I assume) underseat luggage, and the rest of the finish are really impressive. Awfully nice
feel off those two big wheels too. Can't wait for a chance to put some miles on one. All been said
before, I suppose, but I guess I need to add my name to the list of fans.

I declined to try the aero, figuring that the ensuing lust would just give me a bigger stomach ache.

Has there been a thread in which we've dealt with the very real affliction of 'bent lust? (or is
that the whole NG?)

sj

Seth, yes it's also referred to as "Bent Envy". Most of us have gone thru it at least once. Don't be
ashamed Jimmy Carter admitted to Lusting in his Heart. I'm pretty sure it wasn't about a bent, but
one can never be sure. I don't know how long you've owned and ridden your Rocket, but maybe its time
to move on. One trick that used to work for me when I wanted something was throw myself on the
floor, cry uncontrollably and repeat the mantra "I want it I want it I want it" over and over again.
I also helps to have a parent or somebody with real money whitness this activity. I'll have to admit
I haven't tried this recently, but it may work for you.

Denny in FROZEN Sayre, Pa "Bent but not Broken" www.recumbentstuff.com

"Seth Jayson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> So I'm working on a 'bent review article, and I headed out to a local BS to ride a few machines
> I'd only seen and read about before.
>
> Stupid Bacchettas. I love my Rocket, but a little time on that darn Strada sent my brain into
> high-gear scheme mode about how to get one. (I can only afford one bike at a time, which is the
> only reason I sometimes think I'm not a *real* 'bent guy...)
>

> Has there been a thread in which we've dealt with the very real affliction of 'bent lust? (or is
> that the whole NG?)
>
> sj

Seth, if you check our STOP THE PRESSES at BROL : http://www.bentrideronline.com/ and scroll down to
a "Pagan Moment" you will see my answer to your question: (Has there been a thread in which we've
dealt with the very real affliction of 'bent lust? (or is that the whole NG?) By the way, my stomach
is STILL in knots, now that I made the mistake of trying the AERO and then SHAMELESSLY plunking my
MasterCard down, for a down payment!!! (However if a Strada rolls by me tomorrow; I might jump
it!!!) EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti, Tailwind and SOON, Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

"Seth Jayson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]... > I declined to try the aero, figuring that
the ensuing lust would just
> give me a bigger stomach ache.
>
> Has there been a thread in which we've dealt with the very real affliction of 'bent lust? (or is
> that the whole NG?)
>
> sj

I've tried not going into bike shops, but that doesn't work either. Maybe a second job.

Damn EZ. You should have gotten yourself in a 12 step program way back when you had the polished
alum. GRR. I think there's gonna have to be a ARBR intervention group established to deal with
you now. :)

"EZ Biker :)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Seth, if you check our STOP THE PRESSES at BROL : http://www.bentrideronline.com/ and scroll down
> to a "Pagan Moment" you will see my answer to your question: (Has there been a thread in which
we've
> dealt with the very real affliction of 'bent lust? (or is that the whole NG?) By the way, my
> stomach is STILL in knots, now that I made the mistake of trying the AERO and then
> SHAMELESSLY plunking my MasterCard down, for a down payment!!! (However if a Strada rolls by
> me tomorrow; I might jump it!!!) EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti, Tailwind and SOON,
> Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

"rorschandt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]... <snip>

> Sometimes, placing a photo of the lust object on the bathroom mirror or fridge will help
> "manifest" it. Put the pic somehwere that you see it everyday.

It might also be good to put a dollar bill next to the photo of the lust object. There could be a
need to "manifest" a few of them too.

"Denny Voorhees" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Seth, yes it's also referred to as "Bent Envy". Most of us have gone thru it at least once. Don't
> be ashamed Jimmy Carter admitted to Lusting in his Heart.

Don't get me started on that pervert. (~;

> I'm pretty sure it wasn't about a bent, but one can never be sure. I don't know how long you've
> owned and ridden your Rocket, but maybe its time to move on. One trick that used to work for me
> when I wanted something was throw myself on the floor, cry uncontrollably and repeat the mantra "I
> want it I want it I want it" over and over again.

Sometimes, placing a photo of the lust object on the bathroom mirror or fridge will help "manifest"
it. Put the pic somehwere that you see it everyday.

Happy trails, rorschandt

"skip" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> "rorschandt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]... <snip>
>
>> Sometimes, placing a photo of the lust object on the bathroom mirror or fridge will help
>> "manifest" it. Put the pic somehwere that you see it everyday.
>>

> It might also be good to put a dollar bill next to the photo of the lust object. There could be a
> need to "manifest" a few of them too.

Very good!

rorschandt

I want a BARON and I want it now....so I'm ordering it... I have a Bacchetta I love it, I love my
V-REX too, I loved my V2. One should have a SWB, LWB, Trike and a LowRacer or even a few of each!
Gosh what fun. Not only do I get to sell em I get to use em...erh and then sell em. Kinda like a
drunk owning a liquor store.

Inc 1-800-586-6645 "rorschandt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "skip" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
>

> > "rorschandt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]... <snip>
> >
> >> Sometimes, placing a photo of the lust object on the bathroom mirror or fridge will help
> >> "manifest" it. Put the pic somehwere that you see it everyday.
> >>

> > It might also be good to put a dollar bill next to the photo of the lust object. There could be
> > a need to "manifest" a few of them too.
> >
> Very good!
>
> rorschandt

GAWD Skip, YOU ARE SOOOOOO RIGHT ON THIS!!! Beat me, bite me, call me Edna or just tie me up and
take a way my Master Card and maybe I'll stop this constant recumbo buying frenzy / sickness!!! ;-)
<Grin> Yea, the groveling on my knees to that Aero, NOW seems a little demeaning, BUT it sure was
fun being that close to one and eventually riding it. (Oooooh, there I go again!!!) EZ Biker :)

"skip" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Damn EZ. You should have gotten yourself in a 12 step program way back
when
> you had the polished alum. GRR. I think there's gonna have to be a ARBR intervention group
> established to deal with you now. :)
>

> "EZ Biker :)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Seth, if you check our STOP THE PRESSES at BROL : http://www.bentrideronline.com/ and scroll
> > down to a "Pagan Moment" you will see my answer to your question: (Has there been a thread
> > in which
> we've
> > dealt with the very real affliction of 'bent lust? (or is that the whole NG?) By the way, my
> > stomach is STILL in knots, now that I made the
mistake
> > of trying the AERO and then SHAMELESSLY plunking my MasterCard down, for
> > down payment!!! (However if a Strada rolls by me tomorrow; I might jump it!!!) EZ Biker :)
> > Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti, Tailwind and SOON, Bacchetta
Aero
> > Pilot)

GEEZ, Jude, are you sure you're not related to me some how? (My father was married 7 times... and
had lots of kids) (I always fear I might end up sleeping with one of my sisters... unknowingly
that we're related of course) EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti, Tailwind and SOON,
Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

news:[email protected]...

On 15-Feb-2003, "EZ Biker :-\)" <[email protected]> wrote:

> GEEZ, Jude, are you sure you're not related to me some how? (My father was married 7 times... and
> had lots of kids) (I always fear I might end up sleeping with one of my sisters... unknowingly
> that we're related of course) EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti, Tailwind and SOON,
> Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

Would your offspring call you Uncle Dad? :

Which offspring? The one with 3 eyes or the other with 4 legs...? ;-) <Laughter> EZ Biker :)
Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti, Tailwind and SOON, Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

news:[email protected]...