Stupid questions to ask a cyclist #137653

Becka Currant

Guest
"Why were you in the middle of the road, didn't you hear me wanting to overtake you?"

Errrrrrrrrrrrr, probably because the road wasn't wide enough for you to overtake me, hence me
cycling in the middle of the road to prevent you from attempting a dangerous overtaking manouvre. Oh
and also probably because the speedlimit on said road is 30mph, and I was going at 30mph.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I have NOT have a good commute yet this week. Thank God I have only come back
to work 3 days a week or I dread to think what my bp would be like.

Becka

[email protected] (becka currant)typed

> "Why were you in the middle of the road, didn't you hear me wanting to overtake you?"

> Errrrrrrrrrrrr, probably because the road wasn't wide enough for you to overtake me, hence me
> cycling in the middle of the road to prevent you from attempting a dangerous overtaking manouvre.
> Oh and also probably because the speedlimit on said road is 30mph, and I was going at 30mph.

> Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I have NOT have a good commute yet this week. Thank God I have only come
> back to work 3 days a week or I dread to think what my bp would be like.

Welcome back! How's the baby? How are you?

Sorry you're having to battle with eejits.

becka currant wrote:

[description of Clue-Free behaviour snipped]

Shoot him and burn the body. Do likewise to any descendants, for the good of humanity. And when
you've finished, do the same to Mr. Fat Big Stupid Big Fat Fatty Stupid Little Blue Van O'Cretin who
considers it acceptable to:

o entirely block the cycle lane in order to make a second line of tin boxes where there is only
space for one, and o enter a car park through the exit (helpfully marked with large "No Entry"
signs), and o exit the selfsame car park via the entrance, similarly marked and possessed of a
direction and width guaranteed to bring one-way motorists into conflict with the law-abiding

in order to save a minute sitting in traffic. He might, of course, have been doing steps two and
three in order to catch up with the cyclist who had just SMIDSYed his van, but if so he was sadly
deluded. The honest burghers of Tottenham do not like Fat Big Stupid Big Fat Fatty Stupid Little
Blue Van O'Cretins driving like Fat Big Stupid Big Fat Fatty Stupid Little Blue Van O'Cretins any
more than the rest of us, and /no-one/ would let him out. Tee and, moreover, hee.

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

becka currant wrote:

> "Why were you in the middle of the road, didn't you hear me wanting to overtake you?"

And black ice tomorrow!

Glad to see you back, Becka.

If you pin the pr*t down, I'll commit the GBH ;-)

Cheers, helen s

fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$

In message <[email protected]>, Helen Deborah Vecht <[email protected]> writes
>[email protected] (becka currant)typed
>
>> Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I have NOT have a good commute yet this week. Thank God I have only come
>> back to work 3 days a week or I dread to think what my bp would be like.
>
>Welcome back! How's the baby? How are you?

Indeed, welcome back.

Did you get to go to the Pyrenees ?
--
Chris French, Leeds

"becka currant" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Why were you in the middle of the road, didn't you hear me wanting to overtake you?"

I bet you never heard them paying *road tax* and insurance either and had you planned your route
better you'd probably have been able to use a cycle track that they provided at great expense for
you too, selfish sod!

Pete ;-)

Helen Deborah Vecht <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> Welcome back! How's the baby? How are you?

Thanks :O) Apart from psycho drivers I am fine! Lex is doing really well - is almost 8 months old
now and getting cuter everyday ;O)

Pics, if you're that interested!, are here:

http://cuzzer.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

There's one of him in his cycle helmet in gallery 7 but we haven't got round to going out in the
Burley yet!

Hope you are well

Becka

news:<[email protected]>...
> becka currant wrote:
>
> [description of Clue-Free behaviour snipped]

[additional descriptions of stupid behaviour also snipped!!]

Glad in a way it's not just me who's been battling with stupid people. Here's hoping next week is a
better week for all :O)

becka

>Shoot him and burn the body. Do likewise to any descendants, for the good of humanity. And when
>you've finished, do the same to Mr. Fat Big Stupid Big Fat Fatty Stupid Little Blue Van O'Cretin
>who considers it acceptable to:
>
>o entirely block the cycle lane in order to make a second line of tin boxes where there is only
>space for one, and o enter a car park through the exit (helpfully marked with large "No Entry"
>signs), and o exit the selfsame car park via the entrance, similarly marked and possessed of a
>direction and width guaranteed to bring one-way motorists into conflict with the law-abiding
>
>in order to save a minute sitting in traffic. He might, of course, have been doing steps two and
>three in order to catch up with the cyclist who had just SMIDSYed his van, but if so he was sadly
>deluded. The honest burghers of Tottenham do not like Fat Big Stupid Big Fat Fatty Stupid Little
>Blue Van O'Cretins driving like Fat Big Stupid Big Fat Fatty Stupid Little Blue Van O'Cretins any
>more than the rest of us, and /no-one/ would let him out. Tee and, moreover, hee.
>
>Dave Larrington - http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/

Dave, sweetie, you seem a trifle stressed ;-)

Cheers, helen s

fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$

In message <[email protected]>, becka currant
<[email protected]> writes
>Helen Deborah Vecht <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...
>>
>> Welcome back! How's the baby? How are you?
>
>Thanks :O) Apart from psycho drivers I am fine! Lex is doing really well - is almost 8 months old
>now and getting cuter everyday ;O)
>
>Pics, if you're that interested!, are here:
>
>http://cuzzer.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Cute baby piccies, you bet :)

I'm impressed with the 'stick to walls' - 'spiderman' abilities shown here.............

<http://cuzzer.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/baby1110%20008.jpg>

--
Chris French, Leeds

[email protected] (becka currant) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> "Why were you in the middle of the road, didn't you hear me wanting to overtake you?"

Welcome back, Becca. It's crazy out there, isn't it? I've given up trying to be nice to following
motor vehicles. Three times lately I've politely pulled off the road to allow a thundering lorry to
pass, only to have it turn into a side entrance just behind me. I also _used_to_ move considerately
out of the bus lane into the main carriageway rather than delay a bus. Three weeks or so ago a bus
then pulled out of the bus lane to squeeze past me in the main carriageway then pulled back into
the bus lane.

--
Dave...

Surely the most irritating question for a cyclist is "don't you have a car?"

news:<[email protected]>...

> He might, of course, have been doing steps two and three in order to catch up with the cyclist who
> had just SMIDSYed his van, but if so he was sadly deluded.

That's terrible. What cyclist would do such a thing? I hope you got a good description of
yourself. :)

--
Dave...

On 26 Nov 2003 12:02:00 -0800 someone who may be
[email protected] (becka currant) wrote this:-

>Glad in a way it's not just me who's been battling with stupid people.

Stupid people seem very keen to demonstrate their stupidity to one and all. Perhaps it's because
they are stupid:) Was the stupid motorist behind you beeping their horn in a, "get out of my way
peasant", sort of way?

The pictures are great, I'm surprised you had time to put them up.