stylin'...

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by David, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. David

    David Guest

    Just out of curiosity...

    I was looking at tire reviews and it seems that I cant find a single positive review of a red or
    green walled tire... Whats up with this? you cant be styling, and have a good tire simultaneously.
    Was looking at the Nokian Boazobeana X, and the Michelin Wildgripper, hot S, and the comp s / xl s.
    Everyone is saying that they either wear to fast, or have crappy sidewalls that are too thin.

    David

    Tags:

  2. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    David wrote:
    > Just out of curiosity...
    >
    > I was looking at tire reviews and it seems that I cant find a single positive review of a red or
    > green walled tire... Whats up with this? you cant be styling,

    Green- and red-walled tires are styling?

    Greg

  3. Jamie

    Jamie Guest

    Too kick butt but don't ask names what else!!!

  4. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > David wrote:
    > > Just out of curiosity...
    > >
    > > I was looking at tire reviews and it seems that I cant find a single positive review of a red or
    > > green walled tire... Whats up with this? you cant be styling,
    >
    > Green- and red-walled tires are styling?
    >
    > Greg

    Exactly! Even I think my Kujo's are ugly, but they work for me.
    --
    Slacker

  5. Penny S

    Penny S Guest

    > David wrote:
    > > Just out of curiosity...
    > >
    > > I was looking at tire reviews and it seems that I cant find a single positive review of a red or
    > > green walled tire... Whats up with this? you cant be styling,
    >
    > Green- and red-walled tires are styling?
    >
    > Greg

    do the red ones go faster?

  6. Penny S

    Penny S Guest

  7. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    penny s <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > David wrote:
    > > > Just out of curiosity...
    > > >
    > > > I was looking at tire reviews and it seems that I cant find a single positive review of a red
    > > > or green walled tire... Whats up with this? you cant be styling,
    > >
    > > Green- and red-walled tires are styling?
    > >
    > > Greg
    > >

    > do the red ones go faster?
    >
    > 1¢

    Oh FFS Penny, put that back in the box this instant.

    Shaun aRe

  8. Jamie says:

    >Too kick butt but don't ask names what else!!!

    Maybe I'm missing something here, but WTF was that?!?

  9. Penny S

    Penny S Guest

    > Penny asks:
    >
    > >do the red ones go faster?
    >
    > Oh, Duh, Penny - o'course they do! But black ones are stealthier and
    green
    > ones are just GRS overinflated ;-)) Don't even get me started on the yellow ones......
    >
    > Steve

    I *had* a yellow Mosquito light on my rear; the tread wore out really fast. It did look really cool
    with my pretty blue frame.

    Penny

  10. Penny S

    Penny S Guest

    > Jamie says:
    >
    > >Too kick butt but don't ask names what else!!!
    >
    > Maybe I'm missing something here,

    no, it's the post ( if you can call it that)

    but WTF was that?!?

    I don't know either. Hint to poster: Quote what you are replying too, use standard grammar (
    capitalization. punctuation) Otherwise...

    Penny S

  11. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Stephen Baker <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Jamie says:
    >
    > >Too kick butt but don't ask names what else!!!
    >
    > Maybe I'm missing something here, but WTF was that?!?

    It was a stupidity bird in full flight.

    Shaun aRe - HTH ',;~}

  12. Jamie

    Jamie Guest

    I have the yellow Mosquito in the front and a panaracer yellow in the back look cool .But have to
    agree the Mosquito wears fast when in the back .but good front tire.

  13. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "Jamie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:[email protected]...
    > I have the yellow Mosquito in the front and a panaracer yellow in the back look cool .But have to
    > agree the Mosquito wears fast when in the back .but good front tire.

    You know what yellow means....don't you
    --
    Slacker

  14. Penny S

    Penny S Guest

    > "Jamie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:[email protected]...
    > > I have the yellow Mosquito in the front and a panaracer yellow in the
    back
    > > look cool .But have to agree the Mosquito wears fast when in the back .but good front tire.
    >
    > You know what yellow means....don't you
    > --
    > Slacker

    Please enlighten me

  15. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Stephen Baker <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Shaun r says:
    >
    > >It was a stupidity bird in full flight.
    >
    > Musta gone _right_ over my head ;-) (like most of the other stuff does)

    It doesn't matter with stupidity birds anyhow - they always go over peoples heads because they
    never land.

    Shaun aRe